Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Old 06-03-20, 04:41 PM
  #4451  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by davidh777
Their sales generally refresh on Tuesdays and Fridays, so if you purchase before then you should be safe, though many of their sales last longer.

I keep holding out for a $5 Willy Wonka, and least they’ve gone from their usual $9.99 to $7.
Why not do D2D for $2?
Old 06-05-20, 08:21 AM
  #4452  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

$4.99 Weekend Deals: https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...end-Deals/6833
Indie Film Sale: https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Film-Sale/6821

Last edited by lwhy?; 06-05-20 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-05-20, 08:43 AM
  #4453  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,489
Received 6,347 Likes on 4,340 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Kingdom of Heaven Director Cut includes a ton of extras on Movies Anywhere.
Old 06-05-20, 01:18 PM
  #4454  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,788
Received 1,041 Likes on 858 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Kinda annoyed that I was going to get some classic Westerns even at the $6.99 price, but many of them were SD only. Vudu has always seemed kinda hit and miss with this stuff, but it seems like a sale would be a good chance to get your house in order.

i did get the complete Fringe for $19.99.
In for Sunset Boulevard and maybe Gosford Park. It’s a nice long list, even if many of them are duplicates in different editions.

Amused that the sports videos are in the “indie” sale, but I guess it works if they just want stuff not from the major studios.

Originally Posted by E Unit
Why not do D2D for $2?
Willy Wonka is one of those titles I never got around to buying on BD. However, your question did prod me to dig out my old cardboard snapper case, which is eligible for D2D, which meets my desired price point, so thanks!
Old 06-05-20, 08:16 PM
  #4455  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,614
Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

So is InstaWatch with Walmart permanently dead?
Old 06-05-20, 08:50 PM
  #4456  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I picked up Van Helsing UHD for $4.99. Also picked up Music Man and Young Guns II (silly movie, but I like it).
Old 06-05-20, 10:18 PM
  #4457  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

There are actually quite a few movies that I want to get during the Weekend deals. I really wish you didn't have to choose between the rated and unrated editions of Eurotrip and Sex Drive. Why can't you buy one and see both of them like you can with the disc version? I'm tempted to buy Easy A, Sex Drive, Eurotrip, Staten Island Summer, Gosford Park, Sunset Boulevard, and As Good As It Gets. I may just settle for As Good As It Gets and use my $2 credit on it.
Old 06-05-20, 10:57 PM
  #4458  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Get the Unrated Eurotrip. Much funnier scenes. Another guilty pleasure of mine.
Old 06-05-20, 11:20 PM
  #4459  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,788
Received 1,041 Likes on 858 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I assume they would have to make one edition a bonus feature like they do for commentaries, and I don’t know how cumbersome that is. It seems to me there’d be some value to the studio to have one fewer sku floating around, but I’m not a studio bean counter.
Old 06-06-20, 05:16 AM
  #4460  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by E Unit
Get the Unrated Eurotrip. Much funnier scenes. Another guilty pleasure of mine.
I ended up getting the Unrated version. Just don't telly Scotty.

I also picked up Finding Forrester. It's one of my favorite movies. It was on sale for $6.99 and I used my $2 credit on it.
Old 06-06-20, 09:16 AM
  #4461  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
DJLinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 8,994
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by lwhy?
There are actually quite a few movies that I want to get during the Weekend deals. I really wish you didn't have to choose between the rated and unrated editions of Eurotrip and Sex Drive. Why can't you buy one and see both of them like you can with the disc version? I'm tempted to buy Easy A, Sex Drive, Eurotrip, Staten Island Summer, Gosford Park, Sunset Boulevard, and As Good As It Gets. I may just settle for As Good As It Gets and use my $2 credit on it.
The splitting of theatrical/unrated versions is something I hate about Vudu, too. Pro tip: check MA before buying. I've found that if a movie is compatible with the service, sometimes a different version of the film is included as a bonus feature over there.

An example is that I recently got Friday. Vudu sells the rated and Director's Cut versions. If you buy the rated version, it'll port over to MA and when accessed there, the Director's Cut can be played as a bonus feature. However, if you buy the Director's Cut from Vudu, only that version is ported over to MA and it doesn't have any bonus features. So it's not a tidy, everything-contained-within-my-Vudu-collection solution, but it is a workaround for some films. (Unfortunately Eurotrip is from Paramount, so this isn't an option for it.)

Some other Vudu split titles I own that give me multiple versions in MA are Alien, Aliens, Talladega Nights, Watchmen (gives you the Ultimate Cut), The Passion of the Christ, and There's Something About Mary. Unfortunately, extra cuts aren't always included in MA. Beerfest, American Pie, Step Brothers, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc. don't give you anything extra. It's hit or miss.
The following users liked this post:
Jay G. (06-06-20)
Old 06-06-20, 09:27 AM
  #4462  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by DJLinus
The splitting of theatrical/unrated versions is something I hate about Vudu, too. Pro tip: check MA before buying. I've found that if a movie is compatible with the service, sometimes a different version of the film is included as a bonus feature over there.

An example is that I recently got Friday. Vudu sells the rated and Director's Cut versions. If you buy the rated version, it'll port over to MA and when accessed there, the Director's Cut can be played as a bonus feature. However, if you buy the Director's Cut from Vudu, only that version is ported over to MA and it doesn't have any bonus features. So it's not a tidy, everything-contained-within-my-Vudu-collection solution, but it is a workaround for some films. (Unfortunately Eurotrip is from Paramount, so this isn't an option for it.)

Some other Vudu split titles I own that give me multiple versions in MA are Alien, Aliens, Talladega Nights, Watchmen (gives you the Ultimate Cut), The Passion of the Christ, and There's Something About Mary. Unfortunately, extra cuts aren't always included in MA. Beerfest, American Pie, Step Brothers, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc. don't give you anything extra. It's hit or miss.
Unfortunately both Eurotrip and Sex Drive aren't Movies Anywhere titles.
Old 06-06-20, 09:29 AM
  #4463  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
bacigalup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Where Mario's son resigned
Posts: 1,573
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Disappointed that Vudu did not have a $4.99 sale on war movies. After all, June 6th 1944 was D-Day.
Old 06-06-20, 09:43 AM
  #4464  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,614
Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by bacigalup
Disappointed that Vudu did not have a $4.99 sale on war movies. After all, June 6th 1944 was D-Day.
was and always will be D-Day. that is kinda surprising. especially, with everything going on, a little remembrance would have been nice...
Old 06-06-20, 09:49 AM
  #4465  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,614
Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I ended up getting the Unrated version. Just don't telly Scotty.

I also picked up Finding Forrester. It's one of my favorite movies. It was on sale for $6.99 and I used my $2 credit on it.
Eurotrip is a fun, underrated movie in my opinion. even though i hated Michelle Trachtenberg on Buffy, she is definitely a babe in this one along with all the other nekkid and scantily clad babes. but, seeing Matt Damon sing that song was great!

had no idea the UR was never released on Blu...

Last edited by OldBoy; 06-06-20 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-06-20, 09:55 AM
  #4466  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,489
Received 6,347 Likes on 4,340 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
was and always will be D-Day. that is kinda surprising. especially, with everything going on, a little remembrance would have been nice...
You are aware that Memorial Day was les than two weeks ago, right? There were war movies on sale then.
Old 06-06-20, 09:58 AM
  #4467  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,614
Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by Decker
You are aware that Memorial Day was les than two weeks ago, right? There were war movies on sale then.
yes, i am aware. but this is still the actual day of D-Day. a very significant moment in American history.
Old 06-06-20, 10:43 AM
  #4468  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 40,168
Received 1,309 Likes on 953 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by OldBoy
was and always will be D-Day. that is kinda surprising. especially, with everything going on, a little remembrance would have been nice...
I would think most movie fans would own Saving Private Ryan and/or another D-Day movie.
Old 06-06-20, 11:39 AM
  #4469  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,788
Received 1,041 Likes on 858 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I’m sure Vudu figured they didn’t need another event so close after Memorial Day, and I doubt that super-old war movies (I’m not counting Saving Private Ryan in that, but yikes, it’s over 20 years old) are their wheelhouse. And unfortunately WWII is fading from memory, and POLITICAL COMMENT SPOILER
Spoiler:
the idea of fighting fascists isn’t as popular as it used to be.
The following users liked this post:
ConValian (06-08-20)
Old 06-06-20, 12:04 PM
  #4470  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,614
Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

had no idea i never redeemed Total Recall (2012). did it in MA and gave me the theatrical and extended. yipee!
Old 06-09-20, 09:11 AM
  #4471  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Mix and Match: Father's Day Choose 2 for $9.99 https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/mixandmatch/39450
Mix and Match: 4K UHD Choose 3 Titles for $19.99 https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/mixandmatch/39449
Old 06-09-20, 09:17 AM
  #4472  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Great movies on UHD - Tropic Thunder, Airplane!, Beverly Hills Cop, Escape From LA, Deep Impact, Nashville, etc.

I picked up Airplane!, Beverly Hills Cop I/II on UHD.

Last edited by E Unit; 06-09-20 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-09-20, 09:37 AM
  #4473  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,261
Received 1,207 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Wow, Escape From L.A. is in 4k? Is it DV or HDR or 4K SDR?
Old 06-09-20, 09:49 AM
  #4474  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

According to Vudu, it’s 4K Dolby Vision. Dolby Digital Plus unfortunately. No Atmos.
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (06-09-20)
Old 06-09-20, 09:08 PM
  #4475  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,946
Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Just noticed the title of this thread has UV.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.