Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

NetFlix "Watch Now / Watch Instantly" - Recommendations Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-10, 01:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: NetFlix "Watch Now / Watch Instantly" - Recommendations Thread

does anyone have a customer service e-mail for Netflix? i want to e-mail, rather than call to see why an 8/3 release, Forbidden World, wasn't set as it was set to #1 in queue and another was sent in it's place.

thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-10, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
does anyone have a customer service e-mail for Netflix? i want to e-mail, rather than call to see why an 8/3 release, Forbidden World, wasn't set as it was set to #1 in queue and another was sent in it's place.

thanks in advance.
Because it isn't 8/3 yet... they send the next available.

Also scott please be a bit clearer in what you are asking. Deciphering Scottism's isn't my thing.

I think they don't use email anymore so its more a personal customer support via phone.

Last edited by Larry C.; 08-02-10 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-02-10, 03:54 PM

^ how is "does anyone have a customer service e-mail for Netflix?" not clear?

when i send on Sat, they get on Monday and send the Tuesday new releases (in this case 8/3 releases). 2 of 3 8/3 new releases are on its way so i found it odd that this wasn't sent as it was the 1st of 8/3 releases in my queue.
Old 08-02-10, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ how is "does anyone have a customer service e-mail for Netflix?" not clear?

when i send on Sat, they get on Monday and send the Tuesday new releases (in this case 8/3 releases). 2 of 3 8/3 new releases are on its way so i found it odd that this wasn't sent as it was the 1st of 8/3 releases in my queue.
That was clear and I answered. Its everything else thats incoherent gibberish.
Old 08-02-10, 05:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

No offense, but this thread is for "Watch Now / Watch Instantly" recommendations. The other discussion should be in the store forum.
Old 08-03-10, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

notice they have put Futurama on their watch instantly after i get done finsh watching rest Beavis and Butt-head: The Mike Judge Collection on there that be the next i watch. I wish they would put The Simpsons & Family guy on the watch Instantly next or scooby doo lol
Old 08-05-10, 07:52 PM

If you'd like to know what will be coming to Netflix Watch Instantly, you can check streamingsoon.com for info. It also tells you what was just added and what will be taken off Watch Instantly soon.
Old 08-05-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by paradicelost
I noticed "Plague Dogs" was added today. I haven't seen it but am a big fan of the book. I thought they did a good job with "Watership Down" so hopefully this is pretty decent.

That movie is great. I think it's an even better adaptation than Watership Down.

(Trivia Note: Brad Bird started his career as an animator on Plague Dogs)
Old 08-09-10, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon1979
notice they have put Futurama on their watch instantly after i get done finsh watching rest Beavis and Butt-head: The Mike Judge Collection on there that be the next i watch. I wish they would put The Simpsons & Family guy on the watch Instantly next or scooby doo lol
If Family Guy isn't up there now, it will be very shortly.
Old 08-09-10, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
If Family Guy isn't up there now, it will be very shortly.
all season of Family Guy start on the 15th
Old 08-10-10, 03:32 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100810/...ovie_streaming

LOS ANGELES – Netflix Inc. has reached a five-year deal worth nearly $1 billion to stream movies from Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM online starting Sept. 1 — a major move that boosts its "Watch Instantly" offerings and makes the studios' joint pay TV venture Epix immediately profitable.

The agreement marks a further push by Netflix to stream movies to homes directly via personal computers, game consoles, Blu-ray players and TVs, and away from its rent-by-mail method. Netflix is trying to get its customers to view movies online so it can save on postage costs. Its shares jumped more than 6 percent.

The deal vastly increases the amount Netflix spends on streaming movies annually. It spent $117 million in the first six months this year on streaming, up from $31 million a year ago. The new deal adds roughly $200 million a year to that tab.

Epix, the pay TV channel launched last October by Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., will make the movies, including new releases, available to Netflix 90 days after they premiere on premium pay TV and subscription on-demand. Epix holds subscription pay TV rights to new releases and movies from its partners' libraries.

"Coupled with our other carriage deals, this makes Epix immediately profitable," Lions Gate CEO Jon Feltheimer told analysts on a conference call Tuesday.

Netflix said that previously these rights to distribute films are pre-sold to pay TV for up to nine years after a movie's theatrical release. The deal means it can add many more popular movies from major studios.

Shares of Netflix rose $7.62, or 6.5 percent, to $124.52 on heavy volume in midday trading Tuesday. Viacom's Class B shares were up 6 cents at $33.73 and Lions Gate shares rose 2 cents to $6.60. MGM is privately held.
Old 08-10-10, 03:39 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100810/...ovie_streaming

LOS ANGELES – Netflix Inc. has reached a five-year deal worth nearly $1 billion to stream movies from Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM online starting Sept. 1 — a major move that boosts its "Watch Instantly" offerings and makes the studios' joint pay TV venture Epix immediately profitable.

The agreement marks a further push by Netflix to stream movies to homes directly via personal computers, game consoles, Blu-ray players and TVs, and away from its rent-by-mail method. Netflix is trying to get its customers to view movies online so it can save on postage costs. Its shares jumped more than 6 percent.

The deal vastly increases the amount Netflix spends on streaming movies annually. It spent $117 million in the first six months this year on streaming, up from $31 million a year ago. The new deal adds roughly $200 million a year to that tab.

Epix, the pay TV channel launched last October by Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., will make the movies, including new releases, available to Netflix 90 days after they premiere on premium pay TV and subscription on-demand. Epix holds subscription pay TV rights to new releases and movies from its partners' libraries.

"Coupled with our other carriage deals, this makes Epix immediately profitable," Lions Gate CEO Jon Feltheimer told analysts on a conference call Tuesday.

Netflix said that previously these rights to distribute films are pre-sold to pay TV for up to nine years after a movie's theatrical release. The deal means it can add many more popular movies from major studios.

Shares of Netflix rose $7.62, or 6.5 percent, to $124.52 on heavy volume in midday trading Tuesday. Viacom's Class B shares were up 6 cents at $33.73 and Lions Gate shares rose 2 cents to $6.60. MGM is privately held.
let hope they are in HD
Old 08-13-10, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I'm looking forward to the additional movies available for streaming from those studios. Let's hope that Netflix isn't forced to raise prices since they are spending alot more now the streaming library.
Old 08-16-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

On the anniversary of the day Elvis died (or faked his death), here's a recommendation:

Almost Elvis

(think "quirky documentary in the vein of stuff like 'The King of Kong')
Old 08-16-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dunno if it is a result of this deal, but September 1st has a TON of great movies available for streaming.
Old 08-16-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, just looked! Alot of great movies are definitely coming in september!
Old 08-16-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

I need to add them to my queue
Old 08-16-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All episodes of "Stargate: SG-1", "Stargate: Atlantis", and "Stargate: Universe" are now up for streaming.
Old 08-16-10, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DGibFen
All episodes of "Stargate: SG-1", "Stargate: Atlantis", and "Stargate: Universe" are now up for streaming.
I have been meaning to go for rewatch or a partial rewatch since I skipped a few seasons. I skipped over everything dealing with the replicators and some other enemy I can't remember the name of.
Old 08-16-10, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I have been meaning to go for rewatch or a partial rewatch since I skipped a few seasons. I skipped over everything dealing with the replicators and some other enemy I can't remember the name of.
BTW, if you do get around to SGU, send in problem tickets. There's a problem with the streaming (lots of judder) from episode 4 on (both 1.0 and 1.5). SG1 + Atlantis don't have this issue.
Old 08-17-10, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really wish that Netflix would abolish the queue limit, since there are almost 800 titles scheduled to stream by the end of October, having a 500 movie limit seems a bit archaic.
Old 08-17-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhmac

That movie is great. I think it's an even better adaptation than Watership Down.

(Trivia Note: Brad Bird started his career as an animator on Plague Dogs)
I did really like it. Changed the ending if i'm not mistaken(hopefully i shouldn't spoil that) but that didn't really bother me. I'm also with you on liking it more than the "Watership Down" adaptation, which i liked but always felt rushed.
Old 08-21-10, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Some bad news for those procrastinating watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand from Starz. They expired today (20th). I have to assume they were pulled because of the upcoming DVD and BR release.

I only managed to get up to episode 9.
Old 08-22-10, 07:39 PM

"When You're Strange" - the new Doors documentary is great
Old 08-26-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FYI, the Netflix app is now out for iPhone, enjoy!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.