Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Columbia House rain check question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Columbia House rain check question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-01, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question about how CH handles rainchecks. Are they processed as "already paid for"?

That is, when you get a rain check for a movie you ordered, but that was out of stock, you've already paid for that movie, right? So when I send in the rain check for a different movie, CH will just ship it to me with no additional charge to my credit card?

(Here are the specifics: One of my enrollment package selections was out of stock, but there was a rain check included. About a day later, I got another notice from CH saying that "they're sorry that movie was out of stock, here's a rain check." So I have two rain checks for, apparently, the same movie (I guess they really felt bad that it was out of stock, and are feeling generous! ) I'm about to send them in, for two different movies, and want to make sure I won't get nailed with getting my card charged for them, since I already got charged the full enrollment package amount.)
Old 02-27-01, 10:11 AM

Don't know about the second raincheck. But you shouldn't be charged anything for using the first one.
I had one raincheck in one of my enrollment packages. I called them up and ordered a $34.99 DVD (without mailing the raincheck back). They sent me the disc right away with $0.00 on the invoice.
Old 02-28-01, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called my raincheck in and it was already paid for with my intro offer.

My advice would be to call in an act as if you have two rainchecks (which you do) and proceed from there. If they have it in the computer that you have two rainchecks then you are good. If only one is in the computer, then you would not be getting two, even if you mailed it in. All orders and rainchecks are processed through the computer and regardless of the slips you recieve (or so Im told by a Columbia House CSR). Good luck.

Old 02-28-01, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nizzo
My advice would be to call in an act as if you have two rainchecks (which you do) and proceed from there
Thanks, that's a good idea. I didn't realize it was possible to call in for rain checks. I hope they were nice and put both of them in the computer!

Update: I called them and the customer representative took both rain check orders with no problem. She didn't ask me for the number printed on the rain check, just for my account number, so I'm assuming everything was entered in the computer as nizzo said. I'll definitely check the invoice when the DVDs arrive, of course.

[Edited by ordway on 02-28-01 at 07:12 AM]