Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How reliable is TWEC

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How reliable is TWEC

Old 02-19-01, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to buy the Star Wars game but are they reliable. THanks
Old 02-20-01, 12:14 AM

I've had several orders from twec and they are reliable. I usually get my orders 2-3 days after I order them.

On pre-order DVDs, I get them 1-2 days BEFORE street date.

Only problem is that they do not have a customer service phone number to call--you have to email if you have a problem.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-20-01, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i only ever placed one order with them. i pre-ordered Kentucky Fried Movie, and it was on backorder as soon as the release date came. my copy didn't ship until over a month later.

DJ
Old 02-20-01, 08:41 PM

I ordered From Russia with Love from them late Thursday night and it arrived today (Tuesday) which is pretty darn impressive in my book.
Old 02-20-01, 09:48 PM

My order shipped on 2-2 and I still have not received it. I have emailed them about 10 times and they still have not responded. I have heard other posts say how great they are because those posters received their order in a timely manner. Well if you do get get your merchandise unlike me, then I guess you would have nothing bad to say about them. As for me that was my first and last order I will ever place with them.
Old 02-20-01, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by alcangel

I have emailed them about 10 times and they still have not responded.
They suck when it comes to answering emails. The best thing to do is call their TOLL FREE NUMBER and they take care of the problem right away and give you a new order number! Phone number is 1-800-540-1242 ext. 7629

Old 02-21-01, 02:25 PM

Well , I had an order on 2/6 (MeMyselfIrene and MeetThe Parents preorder) .and i sent an email for cancellation on 2/8 and many times after that .i havent got a reply yet . I called them many times and each time they say that their system is down ..that their warehouse havent replied or some crap .On their site it says the order is processing ..
Well ..TWEC is total CRAP

Old 02-21-01, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've only used them a couple of times and they seemed fine.
Old 02-23-01, 02:31 PM

I ordered 3 DVDs and got them all in 2 days (free, unannounced upgrade) even though they shipped from different warehouses.
Old 02-23-01, 03:14 PM

I love them. Just this past Monday I ordered The Sopranos: The Complete First Season and Office Space (weird pairing, huh?) for $80 including shipping and when I came home from Vermont last night (Thursday) they were already at my door. That's service!
Old 02-23-01, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I recently used their $10 of $50 and the two that were listed in stock shipped out pretty quickly. Not as quick as my experience with Amazon, Buy or Express but good none the less. I seem to be one of the few that have posted to receive a response to an E-mail inquiry.

I'm awaiting the release date on a pre-order so I'll let you know how that goes.