Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

So what is your Netflix Experience

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

So what is your Netflix Experience

Old 02-15-01, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with Netflix was very good up until late november. I loved their service. But it just went down hill and I started getting about 4 movies per month instead of the 14-16 I used to get. Then they decide to raise the prices. What a joke in my opinion. Let me hear yours.

CD
Old 02-16-01, 01:20 AM

The Netfux Experience...

My experience is much like yours, Jester. Joined in February of last year, great service excluding one lost disc in August, queue grew to 90% out-of-stock titles in November, 15-days for returned discs to get checked-in by December, another lost disc in January, my account cancellation yesterday.

That about sums it up!

jriems
Old 02-16-01, 08:44 AM

That about Sums it Up

Well I guess you could say "So Long Suckers" To Netfux. What a waste of time.
Old 02-16-01, 01:54 PM

I think the majority of folks have had the same experience as you. Great, several months ago and lousy now. I quit last month.
Old 02-16-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I joined them in December as a free offer when I bought a DVD player. The first month was great. I got quick delivery and enough turn around time to make it worthwhile. January was something else though. Very slow, orders supposedly going out on the same day would arrive 5 days late, some titles took almost 2 weeks to show as returned.

A total 180 as far as service went. I cancelled.
Old 02-16-01, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I quit netflick today. Due to everything that was happening to me which were the same situations posted on these boards by other members. I did notice that my last 2 weeks that my queue was still all out of stock. But I'd occassionally get 2-3 releases sent which wasn't as bad as January when I was fuming for I was lucky to have 2 DVDs out at any point and this was an unlimited 4 DVD plan. So I left them for a comptetitor. If you need to know the ins and outs on netflicks contact me. Later
Old 02-16-01, 07:39 PM

Wow

Well.. I guess we have had an experience to last a lifetime of bad service. I am starting my new rental service on or about Tue next week.. What a waste of time netflix has been.
Old 02-22-01, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I've been a member of Netflix for just two months ($19.95/3 Plan) and I haven't had any problem getting 6-7 movies per month. At that rate, I'm still money ahead from renting at Blockbuster, plus I have the opportunity to better fit the dvd viewing into my family's schedule.
I like their selection of oddball discs, so I generally rent titles that I can't get at Blockbuster (if I have the urge to see 'Hollow Man', I'll go down the street and get it, but if I want to 'Tetsuo', I'll use Netflix.
I have about 65 movies in my Rental queue, which is really overkill, but it gives the flexibility to monitor what's in and what's not, and juggle accordingly.

Rich
Old 02-22-01, 07:12 PM

Rich,

Right on.. If Netflix is treating you right and that is the way you want to go then so be it. I was just saying that after 3 wonderful months they announced the tax increase and broke up the plan so instead of 4 movies at a time for 19.95 it was three.. That is when they started to give the 4 movie guys the bad service either to get us to go to three or quit.
Old 02-23-01, 09:29 AM

I was a member for over 2 years. I quit last week due to ever increasing prices, sales tax, 95% of a big queue always "OUT OF STOCK" and worsening service (10-15 days to check in titles I mailed back and titles being stuck in "Ready To Ship" for days at a time).
Old 02-23-01, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 360 Likes on 263 Posts
Quittng in a week or so just before the next billing cycle and price hike. Too little for too much these days. Old catalog titles out of stock. The good news is for those that stick it out: they are loosing a lot of customers so the out of stock problem should go away soon
Old 02-23-01, 02:06 PM

I canceled my service last month. Since I live in the east side of the country, I was lucky if I could get 9 movies in a month. Also, I had some problems with shipping and lost shippments.

Bye-bye Netflix.
Old 02-23-01, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Based on comments I've seen, Netflix customers have a life expectancy of about 2 years. It's too bad Netflix doesn't attempt to stay in the good favor of seasoned customers instead of just seeking new, short term accounts.

But I guess the dot.com business is so volatile that the only concern is today, not tomorrow or even yesterday.

Kind of makes me miss a good ol brick and mortar mom and pop shop.

Rich
Old 02-23-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

wow, did my comment above prompt this groups name...

love those buzzwords...

Rich
Old 02-23-01, 04:35 PM

Yeah, I tried Netflix last summer, then my roommate moved out and took his DVD player with him so I cancelled. Finally got my own DVD player in November and Netflix doesn't seem the same anymore. More out of stock DVDs, only 3 out at a time, and turnaround time is about a week to get a new DVD from the time I send the old ones back. I'm going to cancel as soon as I finish this next shipment.

Has any tried DVDOvernight.com to get rent hard to find DVDs? They seem to have a decent selection.
Old 02-23-01, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I too cancelled my account this week after two years with them. The last two months I haven't been able to get a DVD listed higher than 10 in my queue. I even got the stupid Rodney Dangerfield comedy "My Five Wives" this week, which I had placed on there long ago and thought better of. It was listed at number 15 on my list. When that one shipped out, I immediatedly cancelled.
Old 02-23-01, 10:52 PM

Does anyone think that there is anything that we can do about the poor service except cancel?? I am done with them.. Take em' away.
Old 02-24-01, 12:45 AM

I have been satisfied with netflix. About a third of my queue is out of stock, but it seems to getting a little better. The turnaround time has gotten better too.
Old 02-24-01, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cancelled my account today. ALL the movies in my rental queue were out of stock.
I waited until they received the DVD's I had out before I cancelled.
Very disappointed in Netflix.
Old 02-24-01, 05:01 PM
Roo

I did a similar thing smokedragon. It's a shame too. I really liked things up until about December. The one thing that worries me a little is that, even though the shipping status said returned when I was a member, when I look at it now, there are a few DVDs that haven't been marked as returned. I hope they don't put me through the hassle of fighting for me to "returned" discs they've already checked in.
Old 02-24-01, 06:24 PM

I joined for a free month and then cancelled. I only got like 5 DVDs.

They claimed that I didn't return Battlefield Earth and another DVD. 4 weeks later, they said the other DVD was returned, but said Battlefield Earth wasn't returned. After like a 1 1/2 of emailing, they finally marked it as lost in their return process or something. They still have yet to take the charge off my credit card :-(
Old 02-25-01, 10:55 PM

Does anyone else see the bad service here? Umm lets take the blindfold off plese.

Once again.. Does anyone think that we can do anything about this.??

Old 02-26-01, 08:50 PM

worst thing that I can say is that they keep changing their packaging. I'm a 14 month old 4 movie member.
Old 02-27-01, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, it did suck last month, but with all you guys cancelling, this month is going great - turnaround time of about one week and I just got 2 new releases (DrT, Lost Souls) released to ship.
Old 02-27-01, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

ditto

my rental queue is filled with in-stock titles, and I've been receiving my movies in two - three days ( I'm in Illinois).

works for me...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.