Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

So what is your Netflix Experience

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

So what is your Netflix Experience

Old 02-27-01, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't mention that I've always received 10-15 movies a month and the ship time to NYC is never more than 3 days.

If I received less, it was my fault for not returning fast enough.

last month was definitely a slow movie watching month for me, so maybe I didn't notice any lag.

You have to know that the in stock status doesn't mean much, so you shouldn't base everything on that. Often, movie 1 would be in stock and movie 2 would be out of stock, but later in the day when they shipped movie 2 would be shipped and movie 1 shown as OOS. I think it changes faster than their queue can even show.
Old 02-27-01, 09:41 PM

I'm a 14 month 4 movie member, and with the all the changes, I wonder if they give queue priority to customers on the more expensive plans? Although I have received a couple out of print-long-wait items, Urotsokidoji recently and Girls Unbutton (twice). I've averaged about 12 movies a month over the past year, at $17 that wasn't bad, and it got me into HK movies, of which I now own at least 50.

A few weeks ago their check in and preparing to ship waits were ridiculous, but no way Blockbuster is gonna have classics like The Curious Dr. Humpp!

[Edited by JamesBrian on 02-27-01 at 07:46 PM]
Old 02-28-01, 01:27 AM

theory

Maybe Netflix gives priority to new customers. Customers like myself who are still on 4 dvd for 21.xx might be getting the shaft on purpose so that we cancel. Just a theory.
Old 02-28-01, 09:15 AM

Netflix

I've filed several complaints with them over the past two months for all of the above mentioned reasons. I believe they've finally staffed up to handle the large influx of new customers they gained over Christmas. I'm an 8 movie member and I'm finally starting to receive movies in the top 20 of my queue.
Old 03-01-01, 04:27 AM

I'm miffed with them as I went and checked in a title late Monday night as I wanted Demetrius and the Gladiators. When I got up Tuesday it said the title was still in stock. When I came home early Wednesday morning the title hadn't been released and was still in Stock. By the time I woke up later that Wednesday morning the title was now "out of stock". Netflix says that they will add the next title in your queue in about 3-6 hrs. Why did I miss out and chances are it may be a month before that title ever becomes available again!