Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Girls Gone Wild (MRA Video) Bogus Charges

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Girls Gone Wild (MRA Video) Bogus Charges

Old 02-04-01, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered the Girls Gone Wild DVD's about a month ago, then cancelled my account.

When I just looked at my ecount, my balance was at $-10 since I just got an additional charge for $23.98. Does anyone have a number to call for these jerks?
Old 02-04-01, 08:16 PM

I got their number. Interesting how they have a 1-800 number for ordering, and a long distance number for Cutomer Service.
Old 02-04-01, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad I used a web certificate for that order..
Old 02-05-01, 01:18 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man I so love web certificate..

Old 02-05-01, 01:39 AM

That is also why I used ecount(same company as webcert). I don't see the point though when it will just let you go into the negative.
Old 02-05-01, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Simple, set up a new ecount/webcert.
Old 02-05-01, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just sent them a quick e-mail to cover my back side.

To: [email protected]

To Whom it may concern,

A month ago I ordered two sets of DVD's from your site. At that time it said I would be automatically sent other girls gone wild DVD's as part of ordering the first package. I believe you intend to charge my credit card and not bill me directly for these extra dvd titles. I do not however wish to have a membership with your company. Nor do I wish to receive any other offers from it. I find it difficult to deal with a company that takes over a month and a half to fill an order to an address less than 10 miles from their warehouse. I also cannot understand a company that does not readily provide a customer service number. This is my cancellation notice. Any shipments that I receive to my home will be returned to sender. If there is already a shipment in route and you cannot cancel at this time I will expect cancellation and any money charged refunded upon return of the shipment to you. I expect a reply to this notice accepting the cancellation. If I do not receive one in 3 days time I will send this message once a day until I do. I will also dispute any charges with my credit card and provide these emails as proof that I have attempted to cancel this membership. If you need to contact me on these matters please do so at:
XXXXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXX XXXXX XXX. #X
XXXXXX, XX. XXXXX
(xxx)xxx-XXXX
[email protected]
The last four digits of my Discover credit card number are: XXXX
Old 02-05-01, 12:19 PM

Just a quick update. The phone number has been busy for over 2 hours, and there is no way to get ahold of them. I would use caution in the future with this company.

CS Number
1-323-965-8710
Old 02-05-01, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the heads up! I called my credit card company to dispute the charges and I was credited back the charge. I was very surprised at how easy it was. Anyone else get a hold of customer service?
Old 02-05-01, 01:20 PM

I finally was able to get through, but hung up after 20+ minutes of holding on long distance. I will just dispute it.
Old 02-05-01, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I made it through and am on hold as we speak. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 02-05-01, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, here's the story. If you didn't read your invoice it states on it that if you don't call customer service to cancel, you will be enrolled in a "continuity program" similar to the Director's Selection for Columbia House. You will sent a DVD (probably Girls Gone Wild Vol.1) each month and get charged $19.95 plus tax & shipping. You must call 1-323-965-8710 to stop these shipments. If you get it in the mail, write return to sender on the box and you'll be credited only the $19.95 back. Disputing it with your CC company may be actually wrong because it was written on the invoice or some sort of paper with your DVDs upon receipt. It's kind of sneaky though because I don't remember seeing it on the site when I ordered. Oh well, you live and learn.
Old 02-05-01, 02:33 PM

Nice of them to force you to call a long distance number to cancel.

How long were you on hold for?
Old 02-05-01, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was on hold for only about 10 minutes. The girl was actually pretty nice.
Old 02-05-01, 03:20 PM

I didn't get an invoice, just a package with the discs. Did everybody else get an invoice with the terms written on them?
Old 02-05-01, 03:41 PM

I didn't get an invoice either. Just a box with the 2 dvd's in it.
Old 02-05-01, 04:31 PM

No invoice in mine either...Took a month to get here and no paper inside....Just the DVD.

Their company is SUCK.

I used a one time use credit card number. Too bad for them when they try to charge that again.
Old 02-05-01, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's a pretty clever sham they're running. And conveniently the forget the invoice so if you had used a real credit card you wouldn't know until you started getting nailed for charges.

I hope these guys lose a lot of money via chargebacks. And I mean a lot.
Old 02-05-01, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dang, I just got charged today too, im refusing the charges, i dont care.
Old 02-06-01, 04:54 AM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by JUGhead:
I just sent them a quick e-mail to cover my back side.

To: [email protected]

To Whom it may concern,

A month ago I ordered two sets of DVD's from your site. At that time it said I would be automatically sent other girls gone wild DVD's as part of ordering the first package. I believe you intend to charge my credit card and not bill me directly for these extra dvd titles. I do not however wish to have a membership with your company. Nor do I wish to receive any other offers from it. I find it difficult to deal with a company that takes over a month and a half to fill an order to an address less than 10 miles from their warehouse. I also cannot understand a company that does not readily provide a customer service number. This is my cancellation notice. Any shipments that I receive to my home will be returned to sender. If there is already a shipment in route and you cannot cancel at this time I will expect cancellation and any money charged refunded upon return of the shipment to you. I expect a reply to this notice accepting the cancellation. If I do not receive one in 3 days time I will send this message once a day until I do. I will also dispute any charges with my credit card and provide these emails as proof that I have attempted to cancel this membership. If you need to contact me on these matters please do so at:
XXXXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXX XXXXX XXX. #X
XXXXXX, XX. XXXXX
(xxx)xxx-XXXX
[email protected]
The last four digits of my Discover credit card number are: XXXX
<HR>

I like your style. Kick-ASS! I have an opening in my kitchen. Interested?
Old 02-06-01, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When do I start!?
Old 02-08-01, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These sons of bartches charged my CC today GOD I want to KILL THEM!
Old 02-08-01, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to learn to stop using my checking acct debit card for online retailers I've never used before
Old 02-08-01, 02:11 PM

Hmmm, I sent them an email as well (before I actually got the DVD) telling them I did not want any more of their crappy videos. I did not receive an invoice with my order either. Oh well, looks like I'll be calling long distance when I get home from work. Thank god they haven't charged my debit card again....yet.

-recycler
Old 02-08-01, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I tried forwarding my email again these pices of crap have a full mail box, probably full of all the pissed off people who just got charged $25 bucks for crap! Why oh why did I ever deal with these people? I wanted this dvd so bad just to find out its almost as worthless as HIGHLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLECCCCCCCCCCCCCCH!
Anyway I called the lovely Discover card spoke with a rep who called MRA's customer service on three way, after waiting abut 20 minutes on hold together tlaking about how much a piece of crap this company is she just said return the disc when it gets here with an additional message of cancelation and she will just credit my account the outrageous shipping charge of $6 GO DISCOVER CARD!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.