Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Disappointed with A&B Sound

Old 01-31-01, 12:30 PM
tcw
Cool New Member

I have been a regular customer of A&B Sound for almost six months, ordering DVDs from them in excess of C$500, paid them with my Visa card, and receiving my orders without any problems. Without any warning two weeks ago, suddenly I could not access my A&BSound account. Upon my enquiry, I received the following response :

We are no longer shipping to Singapore at this time. Your account has been closed and any current orders cancelled.

Regards,

A&B Sound Online
Support Staff

I then sent another query to their online support (it seems that the only way is thru their webmail, and it always reaches only the junior staff). I emphasized that I have always received my orders, have not made a single complaint, and have paid them for all orders with my Credit Card, which was charged correctly. I also told them that I had accounts with several other Canadian online companies, and none of them had any problems shipping to Singapore (Eg DVDBox Office, DVDepot, Direct Video).

I then received the following reply :

Hello,

We are simply protecting our business as we've had some problems shipping to
Singapore in the past few months. Orders are not arriving etc. Our apologies
if our methods seem rash, however when orders do not arrive the cost of the
loses quickly adds up. This was certainly not meant as a personal attack on
you. We may add Singapore again in the future, but for now we will not be
shipping to Singapore.

I have recommended many customers to A&B Sound, and all my friends have been receiving their orders received without any problems. Collectively, our order value would be estimated to exceed C$5,000. In the past two weeks, all of them also had their accounts mysteriously and abruptly cancelled by A&B Sound without any explanation. There was no email to anybody until queried, and then everybody only received the above silly automated message about "not shipping to Singapore, and we are cancelling all your orders and closing your account". To say that they are rude is to put it mildly.

Not only is this highly unethical (because we have done nothing wrong), it is high-handed and certainly not the conduct that I expect from an online store which I have built up a long term customer relationship. I certainly do not buy their story about problems shipping to Singapore as all my friends including myself have had no problems at all. In my note to them, I even suggested that they retain their good customers that have proven to be trustworthy by the conduct of their orders.

I feel most insulted that we are being treated in such a manner by A&BSound, but I am unable to reach their senior management for a proper response. Can anybody here kindly provide me an email address to A&B Sound's General Manager or Managing Director/Owner, please ?
Old 02-04-01, 10:54 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

I recently opened a second account with A&BSound, but that was also immediately closed when I tried to place an order.

It seems to me that they are just do not appreciate good (and loyal) customers. I am taking my business elsewhere from now on, together with tons of other buyers from Singapore.

A&BSound seems to have forgotten that once you lose your good customers, they will NEVER return. The word will also spread quickly about them !
Old 02-04-01, 03:32 PM

tcw,

Feeling sorry for you that A&BSound took this step not to ship to you in Singapore.
Otherwise, they are excellent with their service when in terms with shipping and prices as well.
Old 02-04-01, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:
Originally posted by tcw:
Response :

We are no longer shipping to Singapore at this time. Your account has been closed and any current orders cancelled.

Regards,

A&B Sound Online
Support Staff

Talk about straight to the point with no mucking around.

------------------
Regards...
#Other TEAM 7 Member
Drinker of much Pepsi, trainer of Dingo's and Jack's Aussie Moonshine importer...
John 3:16