DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   NetFlix problems with processing? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/67660-netflix-problems-processing.html)

matthewa 01-28-01 07:31 PM

I have been using NetFlix for some time now. It seems almost every movie
that they mail to me takes 2-3 days to get. (I live in WA). If they mail
it on Monday I almost always have it on Wednesday. This is extremely good,
and no complaints.

However If I mail a movie back it usually takes 6+ days for it to be added
back to my queue as returned. I am assuming that it should take the same
2-3 days to get to them, which tells me that the movie is being held up on
their end for processing for 3+ days.

Has anyone else experienced this? For the next 4 movies I send back, I am
going to pay to have a delivery receipt on the mailing so I know what day
they received it vs. what day it got posted to my account.

Looking to hear about anyone else's experience.

Matthew

speedy1961 01-28-01 08:50 PM

Seems deliberate doesn't it???

That's why I am cancelling my membership with them.

------------------
About to experience the "BITE" of society

Kube 01-28-01 09:46 PM

It takes about five days for me to get mail from them!

kardut 01-29-01 09:38 AM

It's been taking me about 3 day to get movies from them, but I sent back two movies last Monday, and one on Tuesday -- neither have been marked as received yet http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/frown.gif

jpcamb 01-29-01 03:16 PM

I swear they are playing games with when they actually ship things. I had movies ship to me on 1/16, 1/17 and 1/19. All 3 arrived on 1/24. WTF???? It also takes quite a while for them to recieve and release to ship. I am very very close to calling it quits with them. http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/mad.gif

sm8680 01-29-01 05:31 PM

I've noticed the same situation with netflick. I'm guessing that since they raised their prices to new customers. That they are experiencing growing pains, having money issues, and in my oponion discouraging and frustrating current customers by this late return tactic. To me its not moral nor ethical to do something like this as far as holding up returns. I'm assuming that they are deliberately slowing down the turn around time to save costs what use to be 8 days lifecycle (DVD in queue to ship, DVD ships, DVD is returned) is now 10 plus days incurred during a month. By holding back DVD's that are returned. We as a buyer are more inclined to not gripe about movies sitting in the queue and if you were to ask them why does it take so long to mark a movie as returned as opposed to being shipped. I'm sure they would say that they have no control over USPS mail. I'm very close to quiting netflick.com I'm really tired of waiting for movies especially this past month. With new releases being out of stock and the turnaround time concerning DVDs being over 10 days now has me totally frustrated and at the point of going back to the brick and mortar. I'll just have to incorporate back into my day picking up a movie and returning it after work. Did that before and I can do it again. Sorry for the long post. As you can see netflick has me irate. ESPECIALLY due to the fact that they shipped under suspicion on 1/17/01 I watched the day I received it and dropped it in a post office box that night. Well its 1/29/01 and this company still haven't marked it as received. That's 12 days. 12 days turnaround and hell it could be 13, 14, 15 on successive days if its still not in. Have a good one. About to quit I don't need this aggrivation in my day. later

thedvddude 01-29-01 06:22 PM

I had 2 titles supposedly ship in early December. After a couple weeks I declared them "lost". 3 days ago, both titles arrived - there were no signs that they had been shipped to the wrong address and returned - no wear on the envelope - no nothing. Netflix had obviously just sent them.

eluminati 01-29-01 09:35 PM

I've written to them numerous times regarding their new practices with little response. I feel sorry for you guys in the East Coast. It's bad for me and I'm in LA! Considering shipping costs, lost dvds, etc they will either 1) raise rates or 2) go out of business. Too bad because their selection is incredible (relative to BB I guess).

sm8680 01-31-01 03:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sm8680:
I've noticed the same situation with netflick. I'm guessing that since they raised their prices to new customers. That they are experiencing growing pains, having money issues, and in my oponion discouraging and frustrating current customers by this late return tactic. To me its not moral nor ethical to do something like this as far as holding up returns. I'm assuming that they are deliberately slowing down the turn around time to save costs what use to be 8 days lifecycle (DVD in queue to ship, DVD ships, DVD is returned) is now 10 plus days incurred during a month. By holding back DVD's that are returned. We as a buyer are more inclined to not gripe about movies sitting in the queue and if you were to ask them why does it take so long to mark a movie as returned as opposed to being shipped. I'm sure they would say that they have no control over USPS mail. I'm very close to quiting netflick.com I'm really tired of waiting for movies especially this past month. With new releases being out of stock and the turnaround time concerning DVDs being over 10 days now has me totally frustrated and at the point of going back to the brick and mortar. I'll just have to incorporate back into my day picking up a movie and returning it after work. Did that before and I can do it again. Sorry for the long post. As you can see netflick has me irate. ESPECIALLY due to the fact that they shipped under suspicion on 1/17/01 I watched the day I received it and dropped it in a post office box that night. Well its 1/29/01 and this company still haven't marked it as received. That's 12 days. 12 days turnaround and hell it could be 13, 14, 15 on successive days if its still not in. Have a good one. About to quit I don't need this aggrivation in my day. later</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On 1/31/01 netflick finally checked in Under suspicion. Totally unacceptable. 14 day turnaround on a movie. Which if your lucky translates to 2 movies a week.

Dear Steve:

Thank you for returning Under Suspicion (2000).

We hope that you enjoyed the movie.

[b]