Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Discovery Channel Store/Nature Company Contact Info (snail mail)?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Discovery Channel Store/Nature Company Contact Info (snail mail)?

Old 01-21-01, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If anyone can give me the contact info for either store (Discovery owns Nature Company), it would be most appreciated. I went to the Nature Company yesterday when I noticed a 70% off going out of business sign on the window. Sure, the shelves were basically bare, but I figured I'd check out what they have left. They had about 7 or so copies of the Raising the Mammoth DVD. I've been thinking about getting it anyway, and figured 70% off wouldn't be a bad deal. What I saw shocked me, thinking Discovery was above doing something like this.

I flipped the box over to see the price. There was a tag with a nice, large, bold price of $19.99. However, on top of that tag were 2 price tags, each said $34.95. I figured it was a mistake, so I checked another one. Same thing. All of them were like that. No way they sell that for $34.95 normally. The MSRP is $19.99, which is what they sell it for at discovery.com. So, they raised the price $15.00, and then made it 70% off. No wonder the Raising the Mammoth DVDs they had made up about 25% of their remaining inventory. It wouldn't be so bad, but it was so obviously and distinctly marked $19.99 underneath the $34.95 stickers.

I would like their address so I could write them a letter telling them what I think of their practices. I have bought my last item from any store owned by Discovery (which is a real shame since I am a science buff). If anyone has it, I would appreciate it. Thanks.