Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What the deal with this movie at Half.com...

Old 01-15-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Try this link:

http://www.half.com/products/videos/...m?item=4947588

It's Shanghai Noon but the text says VHS and the page says DVD. How you supposed to know which is which?

------------------
Regards...
TEAM 7 Member
Drinker of much Pepsi, trainer of Dingo's and Jack's Aussie Moonshine importer...
John 3:16
Old 01-16-01, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
There are other similar listings on half.com, such as the Tigger Movie. I guess there is no entry for the VHS, so if you have one to sell, you're kind forced to list it under the DVD. But that's just a guess.....
Old 01-16-01, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, ok. I didn't know that. Thanks Jobronie.

I've only been playing with Half.com for a few days and are not used to their setup.

------------------
Regards...
#Other TEAM 7 Member
Drinker of much Pepsi, trainer of Dingo's and Jack's Aussie Moonshine importer...
Old 01-16-01, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
quote:
Originally posted by Jobronie:
There are other similar listings on half.com, such as the Tigger Movie. I guess there is no entry for the VHS, so if you have one to sell, you're kind forced to list it under the DVD. But that's just a guess.....

Same here, it's just that two titles I was looking for each had a stack of these "but it's a VHS" under the DVD listings, so I kinda noticed a pattern. Really stinks if you wanna put in a pre-order; I doubt their system will notice the comments, and by then, it's too late....

Take a look at the listing for Hard Boiled CC. Many of the listings are for the Hong Kong version....
Old 01-16-01, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Half.com - half the sense, half the wisdom, half the service and the list goes on. Too bad the half don't refer to the price!

------------------
Regards...
#Other TEAM 7 Member
Old 01-19-01, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:
Originally posted by Jobronie:
Take a look at the listing for Hard Boiled CC. Many of the listings are for the Hong Kong version....

Help me out Jobronie, how can you tell which ones are the Hong Kong versions? Thanks.

http://www.half.com/products/videos/...2005751&cond=5