Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

delays at buy.com

Old 01-18-01, 05:39 AM

trying to order two dvds that usually ship in 24-48 hours and when they are in my basket they are accompanied by the message

* The shipping of this item will be delayed 5 days as we are upgrading our fulfillment systems.

p
Old 01-18-01, 08:53 AM

I noticed that this morning as well.

What a bummer...

-Jason
Old 01-18-01, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, if that results in a more accurate estimate of time for shipping, and puts pre-orders in the right priority for earlier orders, then this little delay is worth it. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the last year, and have generally been very pleased with prices and customer service.

However, yesterday I called their customer service to report that I was bummed that I had ordered the Oliver Stone 10 collection back in mid-December, it was still shown as "on order", and other people on this forum who ordered in early January had already received theirs. The CSR wholeheartedly agreed that this was not right, and was going to submit a form to their supervisor addressing this issue. If I make the commitment and order something 3 weeks before someone else, then I don't expect to get it after they do.
Also, as I've found to be their custom for reasonable complaints, I was given another $10 discount off the set, whenever it's finally billed and shipped.