Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody Order from Laser Visions Direct (lvd.com)?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anybody Order from Laser Visions Direct (lvd.com)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-01, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If so what we're your expierences?

------------------
-sTeVe

This post is meant for educational purposes only. This post does not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of DVDtalk, it's owners & moderators, other posters, or my cats. Void where prohibited by law. Some assembly may be required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not read while operating motor vehicle or heavy equipment. This is not an offer to sell securities. May be too intense for some readers. Subject to change without notice. Times are approximate. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Avoid contact with skin. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this post appear for identification purposes only. Do not fold, staple or mutilate. Your mileage may vary. This supersedes all previous signatures. This disclaimer may not be copied without the expressed written consent of whoever I stole it from.
Old 01-14-01, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've ordered from them several times. I once got the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest laserdisc box set at a very low price and also the Beatle's Anthology LD, also dirt cheap. I had absolutely no problems. It's owned by Pioneer which is, of course, a very reliable company.
Old 01-14-01, 06:23 PM
Banned

laservision has been around LOOOOOOOONG before most other e-tailers, I have been
ordering from them consistently with NO
problems since the early 90's....
true, they are part of Pioneer and are
actually located in Long Beach, CA
Old 01-15-01, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
I placed an order several months ago for a couple of cheap titles. About a week later I got an email telling me they were both sold out.
Old 01-15-01, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've bought from them before no dramas but watch their prices. Quite a few of their titles are WAY overpriced and can be found cheaper elsewhere.

------------------
Regards...
#Other TEAM 7 Member
Drinker of much Pepsi, trainer of Dingo's and Jack's Aussie Moonshine importer...
John 3:16
Old 01-17-01, 09:22 AM

The downside is that shipping is pretty steep if you only ordering one title. On the other hand, shipping does not increase as you add more titles (up to 20).

They ship very quickly.

If you must call them, they are some of the most pleasant people I've ever spoken to.

While there are a number of bargins to be had, many of their laser disc box sets are now overpriced, if you use Ebay as a standard.

The site is kind of clunky.

On laser discs, the product description is often lacking, so sometimes you don't know exactly which version is being offered.

Ordering is not secure.

I've ordered from them several times and have never had a negative experience.