Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

EToys Order Problem

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

EToys Order Problem

Old 01-15-01, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just curious if anyone has had any recent problems with orders from EToys.
The day after xmas I ordered some DVDs at EToys when they had their Disney DVDs onsale for $15. I ordered 3 DVDs and I received a box about 2 weeks later. The box contained two of the DVDs and a VHS Tape of Mary Poppins instead of the DVD. I called and reported the problem, and the CSR told me to return the VHS and they'd send the DVD out that day. A week later, I get another VHS copy! I called again and was told they'd email the warehouse to check the Mary Poppins stock to make sure they're not mislabeled.
A few days ago, I received an email from them saying that the item is backordered and if they don't get it in within 5 days, they'll cancel my order. I don't want my money back, I want my DVD. I've replied to their email but have yet to receive a response.

Has anyone else had problems like this from them? Just curious!

------------------
My List of DVD's!
Old 01-15-01, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
well, they are going out of business, so I would expect to get you DVD anytime soon.

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.
Old 01-15-01, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I've read that here, but their website says NOTHING about them going out of business, so I'm playing dumb! They've had my money since the end of December. I'm at least hoping for a credit or a GC so I can buy some cheap toys on their site.

Even tho they're going out of business, they should make good on their mistakes...