Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

ticked off at EGGHEAD CC hacking and buy.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

ticked off at EGGHEAD CC hacking and buy.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-01, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well my credir card got frozen, for the CC compnay was told by egghead to freeze all cards because their database got hacked into. I havent bought ANYTHING Off egghead,and havent visited their site since early 1998! Anyone else had problem?

Another problem is, now buy.com CANNOT ring up my card for orders they have already shipped! I talked to a a CS at buy, a real jerk, he kept saying something to the effect of "you dont want to pay? what are you a free loader? You must pay!" despite me trying to tell them my card is frozen, and my CC company want me to get a new CC number.

So I called again, gotten a even more of a loser, saying "buy is aware you have recived DVD's that we couldnt authroize the charges" I said "why did you even ship it without authorizing?" and instead of answering , and I even told them the CC company will send me a new CC number, it just takes 2 weeks to get it in the mail the CS guy said "It is out of your hands now. It is now in the hands of the "internal" department. 2 weeks is much too long. You will be hearing from a collection agency!!" WHAT THE &*#$!!!!

And the kicker is it was a order that had a coupon! So the amount they are TRYING toring up is.....2.45 cents!!! They are going to take me to a collection agency over 2.45 cents!!

Anyone else having trouble thanks to EGGHEAD????
Old 01-15-01, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it another card or a debit card aren't options? As for the CSRs, just hang up until you find someone that will work for you or just skip them and talk to their supervisor.