Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com sent me 2 copies of Seven......Should I?

Old 01-06-01, 10:12 AM

Should I keep both of them? They sent me one 2 weeks ago when it came out, the one I had preordered. My credit card, as I see now, was never charged. Yesterday, I received another one from Buy.com...and this time they did charge me. (I didnt know abt the Credit Cards until today). Question is, should I keep both of them? Will Buy.com eventually check its inventory and charge me again? Thanks.
Old 01-06-01, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sell it on ebay, you probably get more than y ou payed anyways..
Old 01-06-01, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sell it.....they may catch the mistake eventually and charge you for it anyway!!! You should be able to get a good price on ebay....

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 01-06-01, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Send it to me. I will give it a good home.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 01-06-01, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do the honest thing and send it back. Then I won't have to keep paying really high prices in future.

------------------
Regards...
Drinker of much Pepsi, trainer of Dingo's and Jack's Aussie Moonshine importer...
John 3:16
Old 01-07-01, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course, here's what I would do - take it to a Suncoast B&M, get back credit (in the form of a gift card). Say that it was a Christmas gift from your brother in {name of a large city} and you don't have the Suncoast receipt for it. The retail is $29.99 I believe, which after tax would be in the $33 range that you would get back. Then go online to Suncoast.com when they have their 20% off sale (I'm guessing the next one is coming up in the next week or so) and purchase. You should be able to pretty much get 2 decent DVDs with that $33 credit, especially since a lot of their titles are up to 30% off retail (preorders come to mind).

Here's a little Buy.com story for you. Almost two years ago (circa Feb 1999), when DVDs and online shopping were just getting popular, Buy.com instituted the 'every DVD is $14.99' policy. Of course I jumped on it and ordered a bunch of Special Edition and HK movies, especially after a misinformed Buy.com CS person said on the telephone that indeed those DVDs were indeed $14.99. Well guess what, they weren't $14.99, these DVDs were excluded from the policy, so I cancelled these particular DVDs (about 11 in all). Well guess what, they came in the mail anyhow, and I didn't get charged! Nice inventory system! Tried to do the order and cancel thing again a couple of months later but this time I never did get the DVDs.