DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Anyone else screwed by airborne express? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/67114-anyone-else-screwed-airborne-express.html)

BigPete 12-30-00 10:13 PM

Here is the letter I just sent to their customer relations department ... it should explain the situation. Has anyone else experienced this?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I am very disgusted with the performance of your office in Portland, ME. On 3 separate occasions, they have deliberately lied and fabricated tracking data. Three packages from Outpost.com have been sent to me as overnight with Saturday delivery for the most recent two. Each of the airbills for those packages contains a claim of attempted delivery. The first package ( Tracking # xxxxxxxxxxx ) shows a failed delivery on or about 11/30. I was home for the entire day, and no representative from airborne express was ever within 1000 feet of my home. To compound the lie, the driver called the next day and asked for directions, proof that no delivery had been attempted. This fraudulent behavior caused the package to arrive after I had departed for school and forced my parents to pay for the package to be shipped out to me.

Today, I was expecting another two packages from Outpost.com, both expressly selected for Saturday delivery. (Tracking # xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxx) Again, the air bill shows an attempted delivery when no such attempt was made; I was in my home for the entire day. Similarly inconvenient, I must now wait until Tuesday for my product because your Portland office could not be inconvenienced to complete the delivery.

This is completely unacceptable. Unless you can offer satisfactory remedy to this problem and a reason to believe it will not happen again, I have full intention of filing a complaint with Outpost.com as well as the Better Business Bureau for fraud.

Sincerely,
Peter Ogden</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LuCiFeR 12-30-00 10:32 PM

never happened to me. maybe the driver can't find your house, i doubt the air bill has a "wasen't able to locate house" option. so the driver just made up something i guess.

BigPete 12-30-00 10:38 PM

See, i'd buy that ... except when I called to complain the first time, they put 'the driver' on the line and he said he 'stood at the door for two minutes waiting for an answer' ... and then i went off on them. Plus, my house is literally off the interstate ramp, with the name and number on the mailbox.

Stevie wonder could spot it during an 80mph driveby (no offense to the blind)

(changed 'but' to 'buy')

[This message has been edited by BigPete (edited December 31, 2000).]

axolotls return 12-31-00 03:22 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BigPete:
See, i'd but that ... except when I called to complain the first time, they put 'the driver' on the line and he said he 'stood at the door for two minutes waiting for an answer' ... and then i went off on them. Plus, my house is literally off the interstate ramp, with the name and number on the mailbox.

Stevie wonder could spot it during an 80mph driveby (no offense to the blind)
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!! My first dealings with these turkeys was unbelievable.

I waited one day and it never arrived. I checked the good ol WWW and it said to be delivered that day. 6pm nothing so I checked the ol WWW again and it said DELIVERED!!

I called around midnight to the customer center and they said that my address did not exist. I told them yes and to deliver it to me tommorrow.

So comes the next day and nothing arrives by mid-afternoon. I call the customer service and they said that it was on the truck on its way and I had ANOTHER package on their desk not sent yet. I said I only had one package and that was the one sitting on her desk. Nice deception saying that one was already on the truck heading my way. Anyways, I said for them to get me my package in the next hour or else (said nicely).

Anyways, I got the package within 45 minutes of hanging up the phone!!

Since then I've had about five more deliveries from them ALL ON TIME!!

LuCiFeR 12-31-00 09:36 AM

guess i'm lucky. There's a huge Air Born hub near my house, and i live on a main road so everything is delivered promptly.

David valentine 12-31-00 05:40 PM

Not quite that bad, but I really do think airborne sucks outside of the big cities.

I had a package to be delivered on a weekday. Needed to be signed, missed tag left. Said will be there the next, day. Nope they did not show the next day. Called Friday night for Sat Delivery. Said 11am, showed up at 1:30 pm.

And be sure to cc outpost. Also, be lucky that outpost gives you a non-airborne option. If you send laptops to manufacturers for repair, airborne seems to be the only option, even if you are willing to pay for the priv of not using airborne.

BigPete 12-31-00 05:42 PM

Ahhh, so they do leave signing tags ... well there you go, another nail in the coffin.