Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Stay Away From Twec

Old 12-30-00, 07:28 AM

This is my own fault as I have not heard really good things about Twec but I figured I'd take a chance. I took advantage of 20% off recently as well as a free upgrade to next day shipping hoping to get both items by Christmas. I ordered a CD and the Sopranos on Dec 17. The CD was received and Sopranos was, supposedly, shipped a few days later, however, I never received the Sopranos. The tracking number could not be traced. Twec is still looking into the matter and they refuse to credit my card until they find out what exactly happened. I can get store credit, however. This will be my last purchase from them.
Old 12-30-00, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've ordered quite a few cds from them with excellent results. A few dvd orders also went OK,but one was cancelled for no apparent reason. Curiously, I did get my sopranos from twec,though. Seems to be hit or miss with them. My main problem with them,and a few other onliners, is the upfront credit card charge - I hate that.
Old 12-30-00, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered the Sopranos on the 16th and it was delivered on Christmas Day.
Old 12-31-00, 04:53 PM

I ordered SOPRANOS on 12/13 and received it on 12/26 (backordered).

What was really strange is that I also pre-ordered EXORCIST and received shipping notification that it was sent the day after my SOPRANOS was shipped, yet I received the EXORCIST first via Prioriry USPS.

Go figure!