Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever tried returning for another of same at 800?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone ever tried returning for another of same at 800?

Old 12-19-00, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my Fushigi Yugi seiryu box, but disc 1 and 2 were loose in the case and disc 2 is badly scratched. Has this happened to anyone else with 800.com? How's their policy if I want to return it for another of the same?

thanks

------------------
Genital warts rule!
-Edge
Old 12-19-00, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i've never tried to return a dvd to 800.com, but they are always very helpful when you call (even though it's right before christmas, they answered my call in about 1 minute yesterday... i was impressed). i'd guess that they'll give you the same level of customer satisfaction for DVD purchases as they give for electronics purchases. you'll probably call and they'll ship you a new one and a label to return the first one back to them.
Old 12-19-00, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had to return a defective DVD player to them and it was no problem at all.
Old 12-19-00, 03:28 PM

If the disc you received from 800.com is damaged, please contact our customer service at 1-800-327-5815 and arrange to have a replacement shipped.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
Old 12-20-00, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Steve, I did this, and my replacement was also rattling (I suspect your distributor has a bunch of Full Contact DVDs that have crappy center spindles). I'm reticent to return it, but it does pain me. Should I go for another round of returns?

------------------
PatCave ;HT Pix ;Pat's DVDs
Old 12-21-00, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Way back at the beginning when they gave us 3 for a buck, they sent me Terminator instead of T2 that I ordered. Returned Terminator and got T2 later. Can't beat that for a buck!

Only problems I've had with them lately is some cancellations and the way they started charging you more for first shipments in an order than they should (which should be $1.95 per item by their new policy when there's preordered items). They've said that they are looking at correcting this problem though (Thanks Steve!).

At least you got your copy of Fushigi Yugi 2! I'm still bummed that I ordered early and am probably the last to get it from Buy.com!

------------------
- DVDealer

[This message has been edited by DVDealer (edited December 20, 2000).]
Old 12-22-00, 02:11 PM

I bought a DVD player and needed to return it. There were some extenuating circumstances, but the customer service was the best I have dealt with. I was faxed a return label for the UPS return and was shipped another DVD player next day UPS to compensate for the mix-ups.

I only have good things to say about 800.com. I will buy whatever I need from them unless it is a lot cheaper somewhere else of course

Did I mention I also saved and additional 65 bucks in the process? Well I did!!

They are good!
Old 12-24-00, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Update on my story. I sent my scratched set of Fushigi Yuugi Seiryuu box back to 800.com and they shipped me another, which I received today. But this time, disc 1 and 2 were loose in the packaging again and this time disc 1 was badly scratched and skipped instead of disc 2.

This sucks. Is it 800.com's fault, or the post office's, or pioneer's or what?
Old 12-26-00, 04:09 PM

If you got a defective product, we'll be happy to replace it. I'll also pass on your experiences to our warehouse people. Our picking and packing process is pretty automated, and fairly gentle too. But I will let them know about the problems, just in case.

Steve Armbrust
800.com