Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's Up With Buy.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What's Up With Buy.com?

Old 12-16-00, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received Bride on the River Kwai and Chicken Run from Buy. The problem is they already sent them to me 11/15/00. Now I have to deal with them and my charge company to get credit. They used to be very good, not anymore.
Old 12-16-00, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I have maybe good news...I talked with yet another rep, who confirmed that my credit was approved and that it would take 3-5 days. When I explained my situation yet again, and thanked her for apologizing, since no other rep had, she was totally suprised, and issued me a $10.00 credit applied towards my first order. So I guess I am happy. Not that I'll shop there again, simply because I don't need the trouble.

Best bet. If you shop there, don't even think about calling a rep or messing with your order.
Old 12-19-00, 03:01 AM

Don't be fooled by the credit they give you. They will only screw you up again. I've had that done to me before, but it was with BananaRepublic.com. They always pretend to make you happy with credits, but in the end they just sucker you into buying more stuff and problems.

quote:<HR>Originally posted by RDYoung:
Well, I have maybe good news...I talked with yet another rep, who confirmed that my credit was approved and that it would take 3-5 days. When I explained my situation yet again, and thanked her for apologizing, since no other rep had, she was totally suprised, and issued me a $10.00 credit applied towards my first order. So I guess I am happy. Not that I'll shop there again, simply because I don't need the trouble.

Best bet. If you shop there, don't even think about calling a rep or messing with your order.
<HR>

Old 12-19-00, 12:32 PM

The only time I ever got any type of response from buy.com after weeks of them screwing my order up was with this simple e-mail

"Please give me contact information for management because you obviously have no clue what you are doing in customer service"

Within 4 hours, they were magically able to fix all my order problems.
Old 12-19-00, 07:18 PM

what should i do...
i had ordered gladiator and u571 from them with 20 in GCs and 10/30 coupon. final price came out to 11.28, i had an ecount account which has 12 bucks in it so i used that. well my order has shipped but i get this email telling me "If you have any questions on why the credit card was declined, please contact your financial institution." they shipped my orders already thou and it shows pending merchant charges on ecount what should i do?
here's the email

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our records show the credit card company refused this transaction. Order ######### has fully shipped. We would like you to contact our credit department to make other payment arrangements. Our toll free number is 1-888-880-1030. We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Old 12-20-00, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't get me wrong--I'm not going to shop there again. I did get the money back, so I am happy about that, since That's all I wanted. More than likely, I will be buying from anywhere but buy.com.

robyn