Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ever have pre-orders "mysteriously vanish" from buy.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Ever have pre-orders "mysteriously vanish" from buy.com?

Old 12-16-00, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

O.K., this is starting to bug me. This is the second time in the past few months that I have pre-ordered something from buy.com, it didn't arrive when it was supposed to, and when checking my account status the DVD is just not there anymore. First it was American Beauty, and now Batman Beyond: ROTJ.

I'm not that sorry about ROTJ, but I used a coupon, and I'd like to still get the DVD so I can sell it (just sucks WB would still get my money for it ).

But the point is: I have it written down that I pre-ordered it from buy.com, I remember ordering it a few months ago, but it is no where in any of my order history. Has this happened to anybody else, or am I truly insane?
Old 12-16-00, 02:36 PM

I think you're insane. I've pre-ordered so many things from buy.com over the last 16 months, and I've never had an order not show up in my order history. Everything has been shipped, and usually it will arrive before street date. In fact, I just received my Cell and Road Trip from them, but no Princess Mononoke yet. I'm thinking that maybe you didn't hit the process button or instead bought from another store.

------------------
Duffman says a lot of things
Old 12-16-00, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmm, well maybe so. I've ordered probably 20-30 DVDs from them this year, and I get about 90% of my supply there. So I doubt that I ordered it somewhere else, especially since I have it written down. I rarely ever have problems with them, so it's not like I think they suck or anything, it's just starting to kinda bug me. Maybe I should start writing down my order numbers.

Incidentaly - I just got a shipping confirmation from them for Mononoke. Thanks for the input!