Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Did anyone NOT get their 12/12 pre-orders from Buy?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Did anyone NOT get their 12/12 pre-orders from Buy?

Old 12-13-00, 04:21 PM

I have been singing the praises of Buy.com ever since Reel went under. I have done all of my pre-ordering with them and have been knocked out at getting my releases on Monday like clockwork. Out of at least 100 orders, the only one I ever got after street date was Edward Scissorhands for some reason.

Enter 12/12. I had 4 discs on order, 3 on one order and 1 on another order. I received Officer & a Gentleman (from the separate order) on Monday with no problem. The other 3, The Sopranos, The Conversation, and Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead were no-shows. A

ll three of those are showing as "on Order" on the web-site. I have called Buy.com every day since Monday.

On Monday, the CSR tells me that she can't reach the warehouse due to a weather emergency. Ok. On Tuesday, the unhelpful CSR simply tells me to call back later in the week. (Why? Why not just send me my movies?) Today the guy was a little more helpful and said they should be sent out today or tomorrow as they are in stock.

All three of these were ordered back on 10/17, so it is very odd that they wouldn't ship right away in time to make street date.

I know people here were getting their Sopranos sets as early as last week, so I am not sure why my order has been hanging in limbo.

Did anyone else have a similar experience with any of these titles?

------------------
DIVA OF THE OTHER FORUM
Jadzia/Pikul
Old 12-13-00, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I have 9 titles that were pre-ordered with a street date of 11/21 from buy.com and they are still MIA. I did get the other 4 titles on this order promptly. The other 9 were Delta/Laserlights. Oh well, I guess some gifts will be missing this year.
Old 12-13-00, 07:35 PM

I just received mine today. I usually get them on Monday also. I called them and the CSR said that the warehouse had to close because of bad weather. I guess my movie was coming from New York.