Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone else not receive their 800.com $50 Gift check?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone else not receive their 800.com $50 Gift check?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-00, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered a camcorder from them when they had the $50 Gift check promotion a couple of weeks ago. Both shipped on Monday 11/27 - the camcorder by UPS and the GC by first class mail. I received the camcorder this past Monday, but so far no sign of the Gift certificate. I've rarely had anything take this long in the mail before, even during Christmas - so I'm afraid it may have been lost. I also checked in the camcorder shipping box to be sure, and it wasn't in there either.

Is everyone else getting theirs? Maybe I'm being a little impatient, but I've got another order I want to place soon and it would come in handy.

[This message has been edited by Roy28 (edited December 06, 2000).]
Old 12-06-00, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should have received it within the 10 day period you specify.

I received mine with no problem, but I'd call 800.com and see if they can help.
Old 12-08-00, 11:14 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Just got mine today. The length of time may have something to do with how they addressed it. Their return address was as prominently displayed as mine and it appears it went to the wrong place and got redirected to me. Postal barcodes and numbers were all crossed off by hand, and a white sticker was placed over the return address. The sent date was Nov. 27.
Old 12-12-00, 01:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by X:
Just got mine today. The length of time may have something to do with how they addressed it. Their return address was as prominently displayed as mine and it appears it went to the wrong place and got redirected to me. Postal barcodes and numbers were all crossed off by hand, and a white sticker was placed over the return address. The sent date was Nov. 27.<HR>

Thanks X (and DVD Seeker),

I got mine in the mail today, and It was identical to yours - the return address was covered with a sticker, the postal barcodes were crossed out with a pen and it was postmarked Nov. 27. Odd...
Old 12-12-00, 11:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
We've noticed a few of them coming back, and we're immediately forwarding them to the correct address. Our apologies for the delay.

Steve Armbrust
800.com