Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Who ships books the fastest?

Old 12-10-00, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok for the first time ever I need to pre-order a book. It comes out end on January. What online store will ship it so it arrives on the date or before it? Many thanks!
Old 12-10-00, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hum... Chapters has done that to me a few times, but usually, you'll still only get the book either on or later than the release date.
Old 12-11-00, 02:55 PM

We buy a lot of books as well as DVD's, but it is much more difficult to predict book delivery than DVD delivery. There are only two comments that I can give.

Barnes & Noble almost shipped the 4th Harry Potter in advance of release until the publisher clamped down. Therefore, if your book is likely to be a popular best seller, I would bet that B&N will get it to you very quickly. If it is a specialized title, count on waiting forever, regardless of the release date.

Buy.com takes forever on any book we have ever ordered from them, just like in the case of a more obscure DVD title. Don't rely on them for fast delivery.

This is just our experience, that's all. Remember, there are as many opinions as there are #!

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.
Old 12-11-00, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Have you thought about ordering it from a local books store? Most of them can get things the day they come out even in small towns and may be quciker to go that way than online FWIW.