Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Not too happy with Twec

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Not too happy with Twec

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-00, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I normally wouldn't have ordered from Twec, but I had an Internet Cash card from Echo, and I figured what the heck, why not? I used a 20% off coupon to order Dino Crisis (Dreamcast) for $18 (so it was free with my card) Everyday for the past week I came home excited that it might have arrived that day. I couldn't check on the order, because I didn't remember what account I had signed up with. Well, today I found the e-mail confirmation from them, with my order number. I decide to check it out, but NOPE, it says the order doesn't exist. Now I'm already thinking that is pretty weird, so I try to log into my account. That doesn't exist either. Finally I log into my Internet Cash account, and of course, it's already been charged.
This reminds me of the days of Gamedealer.com. I ordered twice with them, both times they deleted my order, and didn't tell me about it. The 2nd time they deleted it, they folded a couple days later...

------------------
My Respectable List
Old 12-06-00, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who ISNT happy with TWEC?

as for gamedealer.com, they were one of the biggest con artist you can find. Claim they shipped your package, charge your CC, then you never get it, then they claim it was send back to them, your mailman refused it (??!!) and creidt back your card only for the item, so they kept the 5.00 shipping, so in a way they made 5.00 off you. apperently they did this to many people.

then when you order an 2 item using a coupon, they will ship the first, not apply the coupon, then they will cancel the 2nd item, claim your card declined, you call your CC, they know NOTHING of a decline, soyou got the first item at full price, nodeal. I for one am glad that place went out of business!