Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

MovieGallery is overcharging shipping on the 3 for $50 deal

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

MovieGallery is overcharging shipping on the 3 for $50 deal

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-00, 04:12 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I just want to warn you to check your e-mails for overbilled shipping charges. Two of my partial shipment completions shipped with $3.98 billed, not the $.99 it should have been. I called and they said it was a "computer problem" that's being fixed. They credited $2.99 on each shipment.
Old 11-14-00, 03:49 PM
X
Administrator

Just wanted to bump this up as some of you may be getting your fulfillment shipments. They're still at it. Somehow the "computer" didn't get fixed. So watch out.
Old 11-14-00, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was 99 cent shipping in the terms of the DVDSALE (any 3 for 50) deal? I can't remember, and they've charged me $3.98 shipping for each of the packages they've sent out so far.

Reviewing my original order, it says $3.98 for in-stock shipments and $1.98 for out-of-stock shipments... 'course, 99 cents would be better still.

Reviewing their online terms and conditions, MovieGallery's FAQ says that the customer won't be charged for shipping backordered items. That's even better than 99 cents.

[This message has been edited by Noid (edited November 14, 2000).

[This message has been edited by Noid (edited November 14, 2000).]
Old 11-14-00, 09:38 PM
X
Administrator

They charge 3.98 for an order including the first item, and .99 each additional. Since they shipped individually (no choice as I recall -- I would have had them hold the order until all were available) they charged the 3.98 for the first item shipped and .99 for any additional items sent out at that time.

My problem occurs when the third backordered item ships. They tried charging 3.98 again. Then I had one for 1.98. Both were for one DVD finalizing my orders. So I called, they acknowledged their "error" and said they'd credit back the overcharge.

I wanted to point this out to everyone because it's easy to miss and an obvious overcharge.