Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Warning: I have just learned that "I-Deals US" Is another subsidiary of DD

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-22, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

They are owned by Deep Discount/Alliance. Some of us refuse to do business with Alliance.

They sent me a $3 wrestling video on Amazon when I ordered a $35 blu-ray Hammer Noir box set; & I had to pull teeth with Amazon to get a refund. The Alliance Empire (DD, Import Cd's, Collector's Choice, I-Deals, Blowitouthahere & many more) were all mid-large Internet retailers that DD/Alliance purchased in a successful attempt too put many mid-sized net retailers out of business. It started when Alliance bought Phantom wholesalers a few years back; renamed them "Super D" & sold the product at below wholesale on DD. I had never heard Of I-Deals until this order. I wonder how many more there are...........

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 10-12-22 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-13-22, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
Re: Warning: I have just learned that "I-Deals US" Is another subsidiary of DD

They ended up cornering the non-Amazon market. Something else I've noticed over the years - if you get a screaming deal on something from one of their various outlets, it's often damaged new product. I'm talking about "new" items which dip substantially below market value from one of their various outlets.

Whoever fulfills the discounted order's item at their warehouse must have some idea the customer bought it at significant discount over retail and they pick out the most damaged stock from their inventory for fulfillment on said order.

It's happened repeatedly to me over the past decade, though to be fair I now expect it when I order something which seems like an incredible price. Latest example was an expensive Bear Family CD box set which I picked up at Walmart.com from one of their various fronts. About $50 cheaper than it's ever been, but arrived with a split seam and damaged corner. Not worth the hassle of returning the large box set but I would have liked knowing it was not really in new, mint condition.

Old 10-13-22, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Good to know, I've seen I-Deals as a seller for some Amazon listings and didn't know who they were.
Old 10-14-22, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I didn't either. They also didn't want to give me a refund. I was persistent, & got it from Amazon. In fact they were sending emails stating they wouldn't consider refunding for weeks after I had already received the refund. Take that, "Super D"!