Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BUY.COM Cancellation Policies Problems

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BUY.COM Cancellation Policies Problems

Old 11-04-00, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had 'Jude' on pre-order and now that the title is Indefinately postponed I tried to canel it and They refuse to cancel my order! Their policy states that a title can be cancelled up to 2 weeks before release date so why won't these people cancel my order? The Same thing is going on with the "Billy Jack" order I placed as that title keeps getting pushed back, though I want to keep that order. What do I have to do to get these people to follow their own policies? Anyone have an experience like this with them before? ANY INFO would be greatly appreciated-thanks
smurr
Old 11-04-00, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

While Buy.com is one of the best etailers when it comes to prompt delivery they are also one of the worst if not the worst when it comes to cancellation. Unless you cancel an order within 30 mins. of placing it it is next to impossible to do so. You usually have to wait for them to ship it and then return it. Unless I am mistaken like a lot of other etailers they use outside distributors and therefore it's harder to control the orders once they are placed. This is no excuse but that's the way it seems to be.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 11-04-00, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have always been successful cancelling preorders which I decided I did not want anymore as long as it was not the week of it's release!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 11-04-00, 05:38 PM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by djones6746:
I have always been successful cancelling preorders which I decided I did not want anymore as long as it was not the week of it's release!!! <HR>

Me too!

Old 11-04-00, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just cancelled an order that involved two titles, and a coupon. The first was in stock, and the second a pre-order, so the first one shipped, with coupon applied, and the other now says cancelled/order complete. Nothing like a free dvd courtesy of Buy.com
Old 11-05-00, 01:40 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by smurr:
I had 'Jude' on pre-order and now that the title is Indefinately postponed I tried to canel it and They refuse to cancel my order!<HR>

I have had no problem cancelling when the release date became indefinite, e.g, Short Cuts and Killing Fields. In fact, I wanted to order Jude around the time you ordered it (a couple of months ago), and, all of a sudden, I got a message that "Buy.com no longer offers this title." Today, it still is not at their website.

Call their daytime CSRs (I've found them much more amenable and well-rested) and try to cancel it again. How can they refuse to cancel a title that isn't even offered on ther website? If you still can't get them to cancel, ask for a supervisor.

I have had other difficulties cancelling with them. One time was due to the fact that one item was immediately available. The others were pre-orders and were successfully cancelled.

Another time, they supposedly cancelled an order weeks in advance, but shipped and charged it anyway. Since they charge for any return, even if it is their fault (and it always is), I reluctantly kept the order.

Buy.com can only be described as a great place to buy as long as nothing goes wrong. When something does go wrong, you're in for a crap-shoot.

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.
Old 11-05-00, 06:06 PM
Banned

Hal2000-
thanks,and your are correct as I can no longer find this title when I do a search. I will call tommorrow and ask to speak with a supervisor to try and get this issue resolved. No sooner had I mentioned the other title this happened to, 'Billy Jack' when I recieved a shipping notice this morning on that title after months of postponements!-
smurr