Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

WhatsHotNow.com customer service?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

WhatsHotNow.com customer service?

Old 11-03-00, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need your guys input on what WhatsHotNow's customer service is like. On Sunday, I ordered a $75.00 item from the Fox.com store, then got an e-mail confirmation from [email protected], which I didn't realize until reading a post about WhatsHotNow in the Bargains forum a few minutes ago, was that site. I think I remember hearing bad things about them in this forum in the past and, because of that, if I knew it was them running the Fox.com store, I may have thought twice about it.

Anyway, to make a long story not too long, I received the package on Wednesday, but it was missing part of the order! I e-mailed them as soon as I noticed, but now, 48 hours later, have heard nothing from them. This is my first (and last) order from whn.com, or one of their affiliates. Do they ever reply to e-mails, or do I have to call their toll-free number to get service? (Even Amazon responds to e-mails within 24 hours 90% of the time, in my experience, at least). Also, how tough is it to get them to replace the item, refund some money, exchange it, etc?? Thanks for your help.

------------------
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
--Homer Simpson
Old 11-03-00, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Come on, guys, someone must have shopped with them before.

Bump ^

------------------
--Homer Simpson
Old 11-03-00, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my experience(s) with them, it is damn near impossible to get anything accomplished. They don't respond to e-mails, CSR's suck...

I had over $100 worth of stuff on order (all w/ HOT$$ mind you) and just decided it was not worth the headache of getting it - pretty much told them to f- off...

Just my experience...
Old 11-03-00, 10:08 PM

Oh, and a refund was impossible as well...

I had a gift certificate to them, placed an order with it (balance was $2 or something like that).

They charged the entire amount of the order ($53 or so). I called them many time (probably about 6-7 times) asking them to correct this mistake and always gave them the benefit of the doubt (always heard answers like "it will be taken care of tomorrow morning" or "next business day" or "I am processing that right now").

Anyway, I eventually got sick of it and decided to refuse the charge on my credit card. I was credited from American Express and guess what, I received a credit from WHN, but on the WRONG credit card - they credited my WebCertificate (which I had used w/ another order - prior to knowing how bad they sucked)....

This place is just a pain in the ass to deal with - avoid them if at all possible...
Old 11-04-00, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks, jellis. Unfortuneately, it's too late to avoid them now, as I just spent $80 at their site. Guess I'll be on the phone w/ them tomorrow.

------------------
--Homer Simpson
Old 11-04-00, 02:06 AM
Cool New Member

I had four dvds still owed to me from January that were all paid for with hot dollars. I called them up, gave them the order numbers and info, and I got all of them in a couple of days.
Old 11-04-00, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You both keep mentioning hot dollars. What are those? Anyone?

------------------
--Homer Simpson

[This message has been edited by scott27 (edited November 04, 2000).]
Old 11-04-00, 07:38 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I just called them, and they have no idea where my orders are. I gave them numbers and they don't show up. I don't even want those crap DVDs anymore, I want NEW ones. Ahhh.