Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Will we be asking online stores to pricematch B&M?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Will we be asking online stores to pricematch B&M?

Old 11-04-00, 11:49 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take MI2 for an example:

Circuit City with 5% tax $15.74
Amazon including shipping $20.98
Buy.com including shipping $19.94
DVDexpress.com with shipping $23.94

Let's face it. Online stores are not competing anymore. The coupons have dried up and the deals have disappeared.

The only advantage in this bunch is you will receive your dvd 2-3 days early through buy.com for almost 5 bucks more than the CC price.

Seeing how I am just a poor college student, I will be at the B&M stores from now on.
Old 11-04-00, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Moving to On Line Store forum
Old 11-04-00, 02:25 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Flay:

(snip)
The only advantage in this bunch is you will receive your dvd 2-3 days early through buy.com for almost 5 bucks more than the CC price.
<HR>

Other "advantages" of online: 1)I don't have to waste time and gas driving to a B&M only to find out they are "out of stock" and then get a "rain check" that forces me to make yet another trip! 2)I may not have to pay sales tax. 3) BestBuy.com...free shipping.
Old 11-04-00, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by StanS:
Other "advantages" of online: 1)I don't have to waste time and gas driving to a B&M only to find out they are "out of stock" and then get a "rain check" that forces me to make yet another trip! 2)I may not have to pay sales tax. 3) BestBuy.com...free shipping.<HR>

I am with you StanS....my time is very valuable and as you stated....going to the store and finding out that they do not even have a certain title in stock is very frustrating!!! I rarely purchase locally....and even with the recent attempts from the B&M's to list lost leaders in their ads....I am still receiving my discs cheaper online with coupons!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 11-04-00, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Take MI2 for an example:

Circuit City with 5% tax $15.74
Amazon including shipping $20.98
Buy.com including shipping $19.94
DVDexpress.com with shipping $23.94

Let's face it. Online stores are not competing anymore. The coupons have dried up and the deals have disappeared.

Seeing how I am just a poor college student, I will be at the B&M stores from now on.
<HR>

MI2 through Buy.com....

I paid $13.50 shipped for this title!!! Yes, it was with a coupon but I could not have purchased this cheaper locally!!!

BTW...if you are as poor as you say you are....shopping online with coupons is much cheaper!!! Go to your local stores and check out regular in-stock merchandise prices....these cannot even compete with online prices along with coupons!!!

------------------

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited November 04, 2000).]
Old 11-04-00, 03:31 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Djones, I have been buying online for the last year and deals used to be great. But they are few and far between lately. Check my dvdtracker list if you think I didn't shop online.

------------------
Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!
Old 11-04-00, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Djones, I have been buying online for the last year and deals used to be great. But they are few and far between lately. Check my dvdtracker list if you think I didn't shop online.
<HR>

Once again, if you are placing a substantial order for movies...it is by far cheaper to shop online then to try and purchase these at your local B&M.

Sure, I could have attempted to snag MI2 for $16.74 which includes tax...but what about Patriot, Anna and the King...etc!!! I placed an order with Buy.com during their free shipping promotion(even without the free shipping it still would have been cheaper)and with a coupon...wound up paying $13.76 per disc!!! The better deal was online...if I would have purchased these at my local B&M, I would have paid more.

------------------

Barney Fife

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited November 04, 2000).]