Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

CDNOW - Any better now?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

CDNOW - Any better now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-00, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have Freeride points to redeem, and so do the other members of my family. We would get Amazon GCs, but they don't have 500 pt. GCs anymore. CDNOW still does, though. One question - are they still as unreliable as they were a year ago (the last time I made a purchase)? Because I guess it would be worth it. If they got worse, I might think twice. Of course, they could have gotten better. What's your take?

------------------
"You only live twice:
Once when you are born,
And once when you look death in the face."

DVDs: For the Edification of Today's Youth In the Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (donations now accepted)
Cyber Film SchoolStrictly Film School
Old 10-30-00, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I already got the Patriot from them! I know it's been out a couple of weeks but that's pretty quick for them. I had 2 more DVDs ordered with that one that are preorders!
Old 10-31-00, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes cdnow is much faster shipping dvds than a year ago, I have made 10 orders this last month, and received them all usually within a week. Just dont order From Dusk till Dawn CE, I have got four seperate discs all with one stinking disc.
Old 10-31-00, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
I decided to give them another try, so I preordered "Frequency", "Anna & the King" & "Return to Me". Friday I got a email saying "Anna & the King" is backordered. So I figure I will have to wait for them to get in "Anna & the King", but Saturday I get a email saying they are shipping "Return to Me". Next email I get on Saturday is that "Frequency" is now backordered. So that is 2 dvds that were supposed to street tomorrow. Well I gave them a chance and they failed, so I am done with them once & for all.

Kahuna UN -
Old 10-31-00, 03:57 PM

CDNever is suck. I ordered Gullivers Travels (cheap and readily available from various other etailers at a cheaper price) from them back on May 25th(more.com $25 GC). After having the order cancelled by them several times(not at my request), having gotten bogus info(when it wasn't an autoresponse) from their horrible customer service department, I began sending them a daily email saying "Where's my movie? Will this item EVER ship?" Hey, it finally paid off... Only 6 short months after placing my order it finally arrived and concluded the WORST shopping experience I have EVER had with ANY company. I will NEVER do business with these morons again. But hey, don't take my word for it... Order TODAY, maybe you'll get your DVD by NEXT Christmas...
Old 10-31-00, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Roll the dice, and find out. I would rather wait, and get 10 dollar gc's for amazon.com.
It's almost impossible to cancel an order from cdnow.com.

------------------

"The way to live a good life is to act on your emotions."

Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing

[This message has been edited by HoMeBrO (edited October 31, 2000).]
Old 11-01-00, 08:22 AM
Cool New Member

I also ordered Gullivers Travels from CDNOW and still haven't received it. I ordered on July 1st and have been told I would finally receive it in September, I was also told it actually shipped on October 10th but that was a lie too! I can't even find the dvd on their site anymore so I doubt I will get it. They are just waiting for me to cancel my order and I won't let them, I just keep bugging them.

I doubt I will ever order anything I ACTUALLY want from them. Currently I'm trying to get them to replace the order with something I want at the same price.
Old 11-02-00, 02:07 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jonesturtle:
I also ordered Gullivers Travels from CDNOW and still haven't received it. I ordered on July 1st and have been told I would finally receive it in September, I was also told it actually shipped on October 10th but that was a lie too! I can't even find the dvd on their site anymore so I doubt I will get it. They are just waiting for me to cancel my order and I won't let them, I just keep bugging them.

I doubt I will ever order anything I ACTUALLY want from them. Currently I'm trying to get them to replace the order with something I want at the same price.
<HR>

I tried that once... You might try telling them you want the movie "Big Bully", it's fitting to the circumstances and it was actually a pretty good sleeper flick... Same price as Gullivers Travels.