Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's with Suncoast,Circuit City,Best Buy and The Wherehouse

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What's with Suncoast,Circuit City,Best Buy and The Wherehouse

Old 10-30-00, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to take the bus home from school and decided to try a movie on DVD I want really bad ,but it appears nobody in my area can find it!!
I'm been trying to buy on DVD a werewolf movie called "Bad Moon".I have the movie on VHS and want it on DVD. I was Best Buy today where I picked up U-571,American Beauty(15.99 this week for those interested!!) and an B grade movie called "Act of War" with Jack Scalia.
While I there I noticed no copies of Gibson's "The Patriot". A employee asked me if I needed any help. I asked him if they had any copies of the movie "Bad Moon" and "Screwed" with Norm MacDonald.He had to look in the DVD section to tell me NO!Granted they are not "Blockbuster movies" and never will be but that is just plain stupid!!

I brought those DVD with my VISA(wanted to try a experiment here!) and went to Suncoast upstairs.They had "The Patriot"(19.99) and "Screwed"(26.99). I also asked about the movie "Bad Moon" again .They said they can order it but cannot tell when it will come in!!Maybe special orders there go into limbo?

Then I checked out Sam Goody and no "bad moon " again! The Wherehouse ditto!I had to go to waldenbooks and pick up two "doctor who" books I ordered. I was going to try to Circuit City outside the mall but gave up for the day!!I think 5 DVD's and 2 books should keep me occupied for quite a while yet!!
On the bright side with all this rain in CA right now I got some exercise on my credit card and my feet!!
Does anyone know if Barnes and Noble could order this for me?It's a long shot ,but it might be my only hope of getting this movie on dvd .To make matter worse , my local "The Wherehouse" and "Blockbuster Video" doe not special order DVD's!!!I know I wont get this DVD for Christmas as my parents very strict Mormons(wont even watch a R movie,let alone buy one for their inactive son!!)
So does anybody have suggestions for my DVD problem with my local stores?Thanks for the input guys!

[This message has been edited by Aaron Amos (edited October 30, 2000).]
Old 10-30-00, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Check out dvdpricesearch.com. Almost all stores have "Bad Moon" for $13.99 plus shipping. I'm sure B&N or Warehouse could order it, but for alot more.
Old 10-30-00, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bad Moon is
$17.99 AT BESTBUY.COM!

Old 10-30-00, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bad Moon is $13.99 AT AMAZON.COM!