Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com Gift Certificate Cancellation

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com Gift Certificate Cancellation

Old 10-30-00, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pre-ordered a ton of DVDs a while back using a gift certificate, but recently cancelled the order since I found half of the titles cheaper elsewhere.
Now Buy.com won't refund the $$ for the GC I used. They say I forfeited it when I cancelled the order.

I know a lot of people talk a lot of sh@t about boycotting these online stores when they scam shoppers, but I vow not to buy from them EVER again if this matter is not resolved.

Thought I'd warn you before anyone else is ripped off by these hacks.
Old 10-30-00, 03:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's really odd. I've had buy refund coupons before (not GCs) w/o any problems. Maybe they are starting to tighten the belt a bit. However, if you spent actual money on a GC (and it wasn't a promo type thing) they should refund it to you one way or another. I'd try one more time, document everything and then log a request w/ the BBB (cc'ing buy on this as well). That's how I was finally able to get my money back from Value America...
Old 10-30-00, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip...I was debating contacting the BBB, but that seems like a lot of work for $55. However, I will never, ever place an order with Buy.com again, and I've already urged my friends to avoid them too. DVDEmpire better prices usually anyway, and their customer service is nowhere near as incompetent as Buy.com's.