Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I am not very happy with 800.com customer service

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I am not very happy with 800.com customer service

Old 10-20-00, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first order with 800.com in about a year is turning out to be a disaster. I have tried several times to get information regarding my preorder of the Ken Burns Baseball set without any response. I have placed several calls to customer service with promises to find out why this set is delayed and never receive any follow up. I even posted in another thread with SteveA replying to my message about the delay, and promising to find out any information on this. Even he has failed on any follow up information. I don't know what the problem is since the set has now been released and is available at other sites. If you can't get the set, answer my questions, or don't want my business, then I will cancel and buy it from Amazon.
Old 10-20-00, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Laser, their site lists it as "in stock at supplier" as opposed to the normal "in stock," so they may be waiting for their supplier to finish processing it maybe? I'm going to order this from them, as well, early next week, so I hope it's set by then.

Update: Just checked out their site immediately after posting my message to make sure it hasn't gone up in price. Lo and behold, to my surprise, it is listed now as "in stock," a change from early this afternoon. It should be shipped to you tomorrow or if they don't ship on the weekend, Monday.

[This message has been edited by scott27 (edited October 20, 2000).]
Old 10-21-00, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just checked my order status tonight and it shipped this afternoon. They never sent an e-mail saying anything about it. This thread has no further purpose unless you have a problem with 800.com.
Old 10-23-00, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought I was done with this thread until I checked my order status again. My order was changed from being shipped to listed as a partial shipment. For some reason $20 was taken off the price. I hope SteveA can explain what is going on. Are you shipping sets with missing DVDs? I don't know what to expect when this set arrives.
Old 10-23-00, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have to chime in here...

Ouch. That sucks. Hope everything works out.

------------------
- There is no spoon -
Old 10-23-00, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Laser, can you do me a favor and keep me updated on your situation? I'm about to order the set from them. I have reservations about it, but after coupon, BFL, and Webcerts, I'll get it for about $30 shipped. Can't beat that for $180 MSRP. Thanks.
Old 10-24-00, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

quote:<HR>Originally posted by scott27:
Laser, can you do me a favor and keep me updated on your situation? I'm about to order the set from them. I have reservations about it, but after coupon, BFL, and Webcerts, I'll get it for about $30 shipped. Can't beat that for $180 MSRP. Thanks.<HR>

I am supposed to receive it tomorrow. I called a CSR today and they couldn't answer the question about the partial shipment statement on my order status. Seeing what Hoc is going through with his James Bond set has me nervous with my order. If they send me the whole set, and bill my credit card correctly, then I should have a deal about as good as the JB3 deal.
Old 10-24-00, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

scott27, thought I would let you know my set made it today complete and undamaged. I found out they overcharged me but promised to refund my credit card. If you have a good deal you should buy it from them. Their customer service does seem to be operating under a state of confusion at present, so you may encounter some problems. But it is a very nice looking set that is worth getting.
Old 10-24-00, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by LASERMOVIES:
scott27, thought I would let you know my set made it today complete and undamaged. I found out they overcharged me but promised to refund my credit card. If you have a good deal you should buy it from them. Their customer service does seem to be operating under a state of confusion at present, so you may encounter some problems. But it is a very nice looking set that is worth getting. <HR>

Laser, thanks for the info. I actually placed the order about 1/2 hour before seeing your post. What can I say? I'm a gamblin' man.

Seriously, I e-mailed their CS seeing if I could place a GC to the order in a few days (after receiving it in the mail, since they send it thru snail mail), and the CSR who replied said I could, so even if the person on the phone gives me a hard time about it, I'll forward the e-mail to them.

Thanks again. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-30-00, 12:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
LASERMOVIES (and all) -- My apologies for not responding to this earlier. I was out of the office (and out of the country actually) last week. I assume everything worked out OK in the end?

Steve Armbrust
800.COM
Old 10-30-00, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

quote:<HR>Originally posted by SteveA:
LASERMOVIES (and all) -- My apologies for not responding to this earlier. I was out of the office (and out of the country actually) last week. I assume everything worked out OK in the end?

Steve Armbrust
800.COM
<HR>

I did receive the set last week which is a big relief. But I was overcharged on my credit card, and am still waiting for a refund. How long does it normally take for refunds?