DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Shopko has a going out of business sale going on now (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/647182-shopko-has-going-out-business-sale-going-now.html)

urrutiap 03-23-19 03:15 PM

Shopko has a going out of business sale going on now

All day today i was out of town for a little bit of shopping and to get out and get some fresh air.

I went to the shopko store and pretty much every shopko store now is having a decent going out of business sale going on since Shopko stores are closing in June or July.

people were in the shopko store acting like crazy packs of wolves all over the aisles etc.

I ended up buying the Star Wars Han Solo movie for blu ray where movies are on sale 20 percent off

Mike86 03-23-19 06:34 PM

Re: Shopko has a going out of business sale going on now

I have a Shopko locally and am sort of bummed that they’re going out of business. I liked some of their stuff. It’s a bit of a step up from somewhere like Walmart and not as trendy for some things like Target.

urrutiap 03-23-19 07:45 PM

well small town shopko stores especially the one right out of town where I live they suck where small town shopko stores overprice on some stuff like videogames.

Its a bummer that all shopko stores are closing later in June or July. Its their own damn fault.

Target has a bad habit of overpricing their stuff. I wouldnt be surprised if Target is next with going out of business

DVD Josh 03-24-19 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by urrutiap (Post 13521676)
well small town shopko stores especially the one right out of town where I live they suck where small town shopko stores overprice on some stuff like videogames.

Its a bummer that all shopko stores are closing later in June or July. Its their own damn fault.

Target has a bad habit of overpricing their stuff. I wouldnt be surprised if Target is next with going out of business

Lol, more urrutiap gold.

urrutiap 03-24-19 04:06 PM

You actually think Target is safe? Nope.

Look what happened to Toys R Us. Which is now happening to Shopko stores. I didnt even know about the going out of business sale until just yesterday

Mike86 03-24-19 04:11 PM

Target is probably only second to Walmart as far as US retailers. Shopko is a smaller regional chain. The comparison isn't there. Toys R Us is also different as it was way more of a niche store compared with a major retailer like Target who offers a toy section as well as clothing, home goods, groceries, etc.

urrutiap 03-24-19 05:38 PM

KMart isnt around. Neither is Toys R Us. Now Shopko. Even Family Dollar being bought up by Dollar Tree

Whats next?

zyzzle 03-29-19 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by urrutiap (Post 13521999)
KMart isnt around. Neither is Toys R Us. Now Shopko. Even Family Dollar being bought up by Dollar Tree

Whats next?

Amazon... Amazon.... Amazon. Sadly, they're going to eventually attempt to usurp everything.

urrutiap 03-31-19 10:21 PM

Anyone else buy a movie recently since Shopko is going out of business? Movies are on sale for blu ray for 20 bucks which is pretty neat. Ive only bought Star Wars Solo so far.

I might go to Shopko tomorrow and buy Avengers Infinity War or the DVD for Super Troopers 2 since DVDs will be pretty cheap with the sale going on