Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

More Express.com Suckyness

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

More Express.com Suckyness

Old 10-19-00, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I thought I was the only one having problems with Express!!! Initially, they were my store of choice however, I cancelled all of my pre-orders with them becuase of the whole backorder/pre-order fiasco they have been creating. #1 I preordered the Universal Classic Monsters Collection months prior to it's release and was treated to an "unavailable" answer from the not so helpful staff of Express. end result-cancelled the order in total and re-ordered them through Amazon for about $25 more than I anticipated paying! #2 Bond set #3, another many months ago pre-order to once again be told, it's unavailable and wouldn't ship before thursday/friday at the earliest! I like to think that I'm not a brat but, when I pre-order a title, i expect to receive it either the day of it's release, a day before (in awesomely smooth cases) or at least the day after it's release.

It seems that Express has gotten a bit full of itself and expects us to shop there becuase of past experience. Sorry, my orders from now on will go to buy.com or amazon. Express.com is seriously on my list

------------------
Gojira

Old 10-19-00, 11:36 AM

For everyone who has shared their bad Express.com experiences here, please see my "Express.com responds to complaint" post above in a separate thread.
Old 10-19-00, 12:59 PM

The reason that they are having their shipments reduced or held up is probably for the same reason you are all complaining. I too used to get my shipments from Express on the Monday before the new realeases came out, and I even recieved the Buzz Lightyear DVD on the Saturday before. Unfortunately this is against the rules of their contract with the DVD distributors and makers. To have the DVD's delivered before street date puts them at an unfair advantage over other stores. In order to combat this,or punish the offending party, theditributors either dramatically reduce the number of copies they get of a DVD or they can even hold their shipments until well after every other store has theirs. i hope this spreads some light on Express' current situation and keeps the low on money bad rep with the credoitors rumors to a minimum. Remember express still offers great prices and coupons from time to time, and if we keep bad mouthing all of these companies and stop shopping there, they will slowly go out of business and the deals will get harder and harder to find.
Old 10-19-00, 02:27 PM

I was going to cancel my Toy Story Box order from Express and get it at Best Buy. I check the status on my order it shows that it shipped yesterday. I was under the impression they did'nt have stock til next week. Maybe they got more in.
Old 10-20-00, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I can't fathom why any of you would even order from Express.com? Their prices are way too high and their customer service is horrible. Their shipping is horribly expensive as well... they charge for 5 DVDs to ship a Tin, then they ship it priority mail which costs the same whether it's 1 DVD or a bowling ball (exaggeration)... Is it because they include a little toy with your order? They suck. Buy.com, with all the hassles - is still the best place to order from. If I ever have a problem, they fix it... I usually come out better when they fix it than I would have had I not had a problem in the first place.
Old 10-21-00, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I probably speak for many of us here, that a number of us preordered about the only things that were 40% off such as Jurassic Park and UTB about the time shortly after Reel.com went out of business and Express.com was added to BFL's list of vendors in the days they honored preorders on their rebates. Express.com didn't have the bad reputation then that it does now. So it seemed like a good deal at the time. I've been patiently waiting for this, my last order, to ship, which it just did, and probably won't buy from them again unless I hear them substantively turning things around. I'm just hoping that BFL doesn't try and mess with my rebate now, since they've also taken a turn south since those days too.

------------------
- DVDealer
Old 10-22-00, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

While it's clear that people think DVD Express should be avoided for now, I happen to have one last $10 off coupon with no minimum that I'd like to use.

The trouble is every DVD title I was remotely interested in appears to be out of stock at DVD Express.

Is there any way to do a power search and only show items IN STOCK? I couldn't see anything obvious.

If I order something that doesn't list any copies in stock, am I wasting my time completely or will I get it eventually in spite of their inventory problems?
Old 10-23-00, 12:54 PM

Well , I finally recieved my Ultimate Toy Box from Express. They threw in a toy story 2 book/doll. Is the UTB design backward ? The front of the case allows the DVDs to slide out from the left side.
Old 10-24-00, 02:16 PM

Finally got UTB from express.com. I was going to cancel my order IF I could find it in another store. I checked Best Buy, Target, Costco, all over and everyone was sold out, so I didn't cancel. I got the toy too.

lilolady