DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Anyone use an Amazon locker for a pickup? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/646506-anyone-use-amazon-locker-pickup.html)

OldBoy 01-20-19 05:21 PM

Anyone use an Amazon locker for a pickup?

anyone use an Amazon locker for a pickup? wondering how the experience was as thinking about doing one. thanks.

Decker 01-20-19 07:02 PM

Re: Anyone use an Amazon locker for a pickup?

Sure. They’re fine and easy to use. I use them when I’m on the road. They’re also great for returns. We have a lot around my town.

OldBoy 01-20-19 08:20 PM

Cool, thanks Deck.

E Unit 01-20-19 09:47 PM

Yeah, they’re nice to use. We used them a lot during the holidays. Nice safe way to make sure no packages get stolen off the front porch. And they usually have a lot of locations near where you live.

Troy Stiffler 01-21-19 08:42 AM

Yea as long as it is in a convenient location. They're easy to use. You just swipe a barcode on your cell phone, and the locker unlocks. I think that's how it works. It's been a year or two since I used one.

Otherwise, it's just as easy to get it delivered to your house. Unless you have a lost/theft problem.

Trevor 01-21-19 12:05 PM

Another reason to use them is to prevent a gift receiver from seeing their gift.

Funny story, I was curious once and looked for my closest locker. Website said it was at Pasha in the local mall. Next time I was at the mall I searched everywhere for this store, and there was nothing with a name even close. Next visit, I walk by the bank of lockers and see that the lockers themselves are named Pasha.

GatorDeb 01-28-19 12:24 AM

I used one for a return. Easy.

movieguru 01-28-19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13484586)
Sure. They’re fine and easy to use. I use them when I’m on the road. They’re also great for returns. We have a lot around my town.

Never thought of using them if I needed something while I was out of town, but that's not a bad idea.

Decker 01-28-19 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 13490529)
Never thought of using them if I needed something while I was out of town, but that's not a bad idea.

If you have something delivered to a hotel, the hotel usually charges you. I figure this is both cheaper and safer.

story 01-28-19 06:58 PM

There's one that is two blocks away, well within walking distance. Except it's in one of those local convenience market places that just screams weird.

OldBoy 01-28-19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 13490529)

it was pretty easy. Only problem is you have to pick up within 3 days or it gets returned. So if you’re out of town, think about that...

b2net 01-28-19 08:03 PM

Nothing within hundreds of miles from me.

GatorDeb 01-30-19 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13490545)
If you have something delivered to a hotel, the hotel usually charges you. I figure this is both cheaper and safer.

The one time I needed a camera battery charger at a hotel (mine broke) the hotel didn't charge a fee.

JeffTheAlpaca 05-24-19 06:38 PM

I got a code in a email and entered it at the 7/11 site and a door in the locker opened and I picked up my package.

Sonic 07-27-19 03:20 PM

Peace of cake service. :thumbsup:

No more worrying about your packages being stolen.