Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet - How reliable is in-stock status?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Planet - How reliable is in-stock status?

Old 10-22-00, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered from Dvd Planet a few times when they were Ken Cranes, and even though the titles were listed on the website (no stock availability function at that time), I never got them - or an explanation, cancellation notice, a "this item is out of stock" letter or anything. The ones I didn't get were rare titles (like Re-animator), so I didn't really expect them, but the fact that they never let me know which orders were going to ship and which weren't always annoyed me. It just kind of left me in limbo, not knowing if I should try and get it elsewhere or what. I never had much luck with them answering their emails either.

Anyway - they list a couple of hard to find discs I want as "low stock" - I'm just wondering if this is fairly reliable. Is it updated in real time or at least on a regular basis? I can get the movies elsewhere, but at a higher price, so I'd like to give them another try - I'm just not sure whether to trust them or not.

[This message has been edited by Roy28 (edited October 22, 2000).]
Old 10-22-00, 10:07 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never heard of them not returning emails, actually that surprises me. Now that Ken Cranes is DVD Planet, stock is suppose to be accurate. I would call them at 1-800-624-6978 and if you have any problems, ask for Alex, he is the Manager and he's very knowledgable.
Old 10-22-00, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have ordered from DVDPlanet four times. Three times the items were listed as in stock and received them within two to three days. The one time I ordered an item listed as low stock, I got nervous and called a day after sending the order. Sure enough, the item had gone out of stock. The phone rep explained that most DVDs they restock in less than one week and sure enough four days later the DVD arrived.

I am very happy with their service, and will continue to order from them although in a perfect world EVERY retailer would have Express.com's exact number of copies field.