DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Customer Servic Rep. "Names" and Dialogue (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/645996-customer-servic-rep-names-dialogue.html)

story 11-30-18 02:50 PM

Customer Servic Rep. "Names" and Dialogue

Hmm, I'm starting to think the "name" that customer service representatives isn't always their real name. What a revelation!

Seriously, though, I've used Target's chat feature about an order this week and I've now chatted with Rio, Jam, Miley, and LeBron. I mean, part of me wants to give people the benefit of the doubt and that it's completely plausible there are people with these names working at Target, but come on! I suppose they all get to pick their screen name. I'm hopeful I'm not being culturally insensitive here but instead am having a good chuckle at this attempt to come up with cool names. I mean, if that's the case then you've got to love the person who chose LeBron!

Also been interesting to see their scripted bits, such as how "they are working very hard" on my request or to please "allow me a couple of minutes while I'm checking the details of your order." I know they're actually working with my order, but they're also working on other orders at the same time and that takes time in-between chat messages, right?

How about you? Any memorable or funny customer service representative "names" or chatter? Do you believe them?

Abob Teff 11-30-18 05:45 PM

Re: Customer Servic Rep. "Names" and Dialogue

You should be more outraged at bots using names to identify themselves. Sorry, I don’t believe any online customer service chat is done by humans.

http://tvquotes.co/wp-content/upload...ass-butter.gif

Re: calling customer service — it depends on the company. I always used my real name. The low-end call center I worked at when I was in college didn’t care, but you had to let your supervisor know and use the same name consistently. The “professional” one I worked in at my current company was strictly your name.

Nick Danger 11-30-18 06:22 PM

Do you mean to suggest that Rachael from Cardholder Services isn't using her real name?

thetao 11-30-18 11:56 PM

Possibly not a real example, but I'm thinking of a CSR named Dallas with a thick, Indian accent.

Abob Teff 12-08-18 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Danger (Post 13453423)
Do you mean to suggest that Rachael from Cardholder Services isn't using her real name?

No. And she is also lying about that special bond the two of you have. Stop calling her multiple times every day.

GatorDeb 02-11-19 12:11 AM

I work in customer service on the phone and we use our real names.

kd5 02-11-19 05:43 AM

^ Hi! I'm GatorDeb, how can I help you today?

:p

Meathead 02-11-19 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by kd5 (Post 13498538)
^ Hi! I'm GatorDeb, how can I help you today?

:p

:lol:

Abob Teff 02-11-19 02:38 PM

I always found it confusing when all the customers were named “John”.

Mike86 02-11-19 02:51 PM

I work customer service as well and use my real name. Our stuff isn’t scripted but we’ve got a call flow and certain things we’re supposed to touch base on. I think a lot of it can sound scripted when as a representative I’m asked the same or similar questions all day and only have so many ways to give an answer/explanation. :shrug:

Alan Smithee 02-16-19 05:06 AM

I used my real name when I answered calls at tower.com. I think the reps who work in India are allowed to use more American-sounding names, I remember one who was named Amy Grant.

story 11-11-19 11:48 PM

I went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch today and checked the reviews ahead of time. Most of them were glowing, and the restaurant responded to most, too.

There is a long, long 3 out of 5-star review mentioning how they added Vietnamese dishes to the menu and went on and on about how they weren't good.

The restaurant responded to her, too, with a weird fun fact: "We added Vietnamese dishes to our menu. Have a fantastic day!"

Ooooo-kaaaaay...

TomOpus 11-12-19 08:28 AM

I used to work customer service at a major phone company. We were told NOT to use our name.

As a customer, I'm less concerned by their name vs the service they give.