Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

eBay and Feedback

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

eBay and Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-18, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: eBay and Feedback

Even if some releases are officially put out as BD-R, by policy, you cannot resell those releases on ebay, as ebay prohibits selling anything on recordable media unless the seller is the original copyright owner.
Old 01-08-18, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
Well, I got a response. The seller is going to contact their "supplier" about the issue. He issued me a refund and said he will keep me updated. No apology and no explanation whatsoever I wonder if he'll try to get me to send the set back to him. For some reason now, when I go to the My eBay page the order is showing as unpaid. I wonder what that's all about.
Awesome! I think you're all set then. Don't worry about the unpaid thing. That's how it'll show because the payment was refunded. It won't be a problem. I also don't think he will ask you to send the product back. Enjoy your free bootleg discs!
Old 01-08-18, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
An extra trip to the post office? Oh, poor baby. It's a goddamn DVD. All I want is for the asshole to ship it Priority instead of fucking media mail.
It's pretty clear by the language you use on this board why sellers would not want to deal you when you send them messages.
Old 01-08-18, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
Awesome! I think you're all set then. Don't worry about the unpaid thing. That's how it'll show because the payment was refunded. It won't be a problem. I also don't think he will ask you to send the product back. Enjoy your free bootleg discs!
So excited to now own a free set of coasters! I ordered a copy from Amazon, and even though it cost nearly double what I paid on eBay, the gift card I had brought down the cost to a little less than what I paid for the bootleg and I'm glad I now own an authentic set.
Old 01-08-18, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So excited to now own a free set of coasters! I ordered a copy from Amazon, and even though it cost nearly double what I paid on eBay, the gift card I had brought down the cost to a little less than what I paid for the bootleg and I'm glad I now own an authentic set.
Be weary if it's not sent directly from Amazon. some of their sellers even though they ship through Prime will send out bootlegs or fakes. I ordered some Panasonic headphones from Amazon and they wetre fake.
Old 01-08-18, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru
Be weary if it's not sent directly from Amazon. some of their sellers even though they ship through Prime will send out bootlegs or fakes. I ordered some Panasonic headphones from Amazon and they wetre fake.
Yeah, I made sure it was sold from Amazon themselves. I'm always very weary of buying "New" items on there that aren't sold by them. On a similar note, I always have better luck buying used items fulfilled by Amazon than I do "New", I feel like those "new" items are either never actually new or bootleg.
Old 01-08-18, 02:55 PM
Banned

Yeah, I made sure it was sold from Amazon themselves. I'm always very weary of buying "New" items on there that aren't sold by them. On a similar note, I always have better luck buying used items fulfilled by Amazon than I do "New", I feel like those "new" items are either never actually new or bootleg.
What really pisses me off about buying "New" items from Amazon fulfilled sellers is that some of them still insist on selling shit with the UPCs gouged, which ruins the plastic insert sleeve on DVD/BD cases entirely, not to mention ruining the packaging on box sets. That is NOT "New" as per Amazon's own listing rules, and I fucking call them out on it every time.

The thing that really sucks is there's no way to keep a list of preferred and avoided marketplace sellers on Amazon after all these years. Why can't I at least put the shitty sellers on ignore so I no longer see their listings!?
Old 01-18-18, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had very few mishaps on Ebay. For the most part, sellers are great and I get items as described.

But there was one very rare record I bought (so rare it was the first copy I saw online and still haven't found it since) and the item showed delivered but it wasn't at the leasing office where I live.

I contacted them and realized after looking at the tracking info closer, the package was delivered to a completely different state. The seller mailed it to somebody who didn't even order it.

So they contact the person they sent it to in error and have them mail it to me. So it never crossed the seller's hands again.

I get this ultra rare record finally ...and it's broken in half. Clean in half. I can only imagine the person who got this rare record out of the blue thought he scored a valuable item for free and was pissed he had to part with it so fuck it...I can't have it either.

I returned it to the seller for a full refund, thankfully. But I did leave negative feedback. The seller screwed up, and screwed up bad. Even though I got a refund, to me that wasn't the point. The record is so rare, I don't know if I will find it again and, if I do, it will be under three figures.

The seller was mad at me but oh well.

Then there was another rare record I won in an auction for $9.99. It never came. The seller never responded to my messages. I filed a claim and got my money back.

A few weeks later the seller responds and said they were out of town and sorry they didn't get back to me. She said her partner was taking care of the auctions and didn't ship my record because they ran out of shipping boxes. Okay.....

But communication back and forth was cordial. I didn't get angry at them. She agreed to relist the record for buy it now so I didn't have to muck about with an auction.

And...she relisted the $9.99 album for $99.99, and no "buy it now" option.

Still cordial, I ask her if it was a mistake. Nope, no mistake. After she did some further "research" she determined the record was more valuable than she previously listed and told me "happy bidding!"

I told her what I really thought of her and didn't bother bidding on her listing.

The record was an oddball gospel record. She sold more for around the 9.99 price on other listings, and lower. That was the only one she determined was more valuable. IDK if it was because she was pissy because I filed the claim when she never responded or what was up. But she never sold it. And now she's not even listing anything on Ebay anymore. There was small satisfaction when I found the record digitally on another site and was able to use the high res cover on her auction to make a cover. And I got to leave her negative feedback.
Old 03-22-18, 09:41 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Is there a way to get eBay to remove negative feedback left to me by a buyer? I've already reported them to eBay and submitted a Feedback revision request, but I don't think the buyer will change it.

Long story short. I sold a brand new factory sealed DVD and they requested a return based on "this does not fit in with my collection". I told them I don't accept returns and that reason was not good enough at all. To me, it sounds like they watched the movie and didn't like it. So, why should I take a return of a sealed movie that has now been open. When I denied the request, they then sent me a wise ass message saying they would sell it back to me for half price.

Negative feedback left: "seller would not take return even though item is not what was expected"

What wasn't as expected? Title and picture were in the description.

This is the only negative feedback I've ever received in close to 20 years.

Last edited by dex14; 03-22-18 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-22-18, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Based on your description of the events, there is no way to get the feedback removed.

You can review the policy for when eBay will remove feedback here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/s...=4352#section1

Anything outside of that, you're wasting your time. You can leave a response to the feedback, telling your side of the story here:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

Click on "Reply to Feedback received".
Old 03-22-18, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Negative feedback left: "seller would not take return even though item is not what was expected"

If I were a potential buyer who checked your feedback, I would tend to ignore it. Only certain things like "poorly packaged, damaged during shipping," or "not in the stated condition" raise red flags for me. It's usually easy to spot the negative feedback from asshole buyers.
Old 03-23-18, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Is there a way to get eBay to remove negative feedback left to me by a buyer? I've already reported them to eBay and submitted a Feedback revision request, but I don't think the buyer will change it.

Long story short. I sold a brand new factory sealed DVD and they requested a return based on "this does not fit in with my collection". I told them I don't accept returns and that reason was not good enough at all. To me, it sounds like they watched the movie and didn't like it. So, why should I take a return of a sealed movie that has now been open. When I denied the request, they then sent me a wise ass message saying they would sell it back to me for half price.

Wow I'm sorry that sucks. My measures would be to call up customer service and see if you can get a possible nice rep that might be able to change it for you. Explain to them in detail what happened. You got nothing to lose except some time on the phone if nothing fully works out.
Old 03-23-18, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sonic
Wow I'm sorry that sucks. My measures would be to call up customer service and see if you can get a possible nice rep that might be able to change it for you. Explain to them in detail what happened. You got nothing to lose except some time on the phone if nothing fully works out.
Like I said, that would simply be a waste of time and an exercise in frustration.
Old 06-09-18, 04:18 PM
Banned

Why the fuck are proper expedited shipping options so much to ask for these days? I'm not a patient person. I'm not paying $15-20 to hope it shows up in 2-4 weeks. I get blu-rays from Japan in 3 fucking days for $16 shipping via FedEx International. Yet, UK, EU, and AU outlets refuse to offer anything besides their garbage local "post." Stop being lazy ****s and offer a FedEx option for fuck sake! Why do those countries suck so much? Even American shops refuse to offer simple Priority Mail as an option for a movie sometimes. It's usually not a problem, but there are rare titles that are hard to get. I refuse to deal with sellers that only offer fucking media mail and act like it's impossible to slap on a better shipping label when the customer is willing to cover it. I was trying to find the 1999 Pirahna remake, and there was only one seller on ebay with it. I kept asking them to relist with a better shipping option and the idiot refused. It's been over 6 months, and the fucking idiot is STILL listing the same item with "economy shipping" while I found my copy elsewhere. It's just amazing how dumb these sellers/shops can be.
Old 10-04-18, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Does anyone know if a buyer's feedback is temporarily removed if the seller puts in a request for them to revise it?

I bought a drill bit set from a small time seller (just a dude listing stuff from his house). His policy listed he didn't accept returns, but I rolled the dice because the set was still sealed and I had a $5 off coupon.

Anyway, two of the drill bits were duplicates and the tip of one was so worn it was useless. I wrote the seller and sent pictures. He said it wasn't his fault and the factory was to blame since the item was sold as new. I replied to tell him that it was still his problem as the seller and even a partial refund would be decent.

I didn't feel it was worth forcing a return through eBay over an inexpensive item when the seller already appeared difficult to work with. He wrote back to say he was already taking a loss on the item, so no partial anything would be given... but he did thank me for bringing the matter to his attention.

Again, I didn't dispute the transaction -- but I did feel his response deserved negative feedback. So I left: "Sealed item had factory defects. Seller offered no assistance." He immediately contacted me to say he shouldn't be held responsible for something out of his control. I told him that no buyer expects faulty goods. Whether or not he was responsible, my experience was a negative one.

He then sends me a revise feedback request through eBay and strongly urges me to reconsider my feedback -- promising to make it right on a future transaction. Again, just empty words and no attempt to actually make it right. I chose to leave the feedback as it was, but now it's been removed from his profile altogether. In my opinion, it was completely warranted. Is this just temporary because of the revise feedback request or did he somehow convince eBay to have it permanently removed?

Last edited by joe_b; 10-04-18 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-04-18, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

No there is no pending status. He probably just called customer service and harassed them until they removed it.

The best thing to do is follow through with a return. No matter what the price. Make them eat it.
Old 10-04-18, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ Good advice.

What a crock feedback ratings are if it's that easy to get them removed. It certainly wasn't left in haste and I have the messages to prove it. I've been an eBay member since 2001 and this was the only time I've ever felt a negative feedback was justified.

The guy has had three negative feedbacks (that stuck, anyway) in the last year and he made follow-up comments on each one to call the buyers liars and extortionists. He probably would have done the same to my feedback if it stayed up.
Old 10-06-18, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

Is there a way to get eBay to remove negative feedback left to me by a buyer?

Long story short. I sold a brand new factory sealed DVD and they requested a return based on "this does not fit in with my collection". I told them I don't accept returns and that reason was not good enough at all. To me, it sounds like they watched the movie and didn't like it.

I had a customer buy a used DVD from me and after receiving the item he wanted a return because his son already owned it.

My policy stated "no returns" especially for any kind of used media which as we all know can easily be watched and/or duplicated and then returned as "I changed my mind."

I politely explained my policy and he kindly left me a negative feedback stating something like "seller won't take returns, stay away from this seller!!!"

Unfortunately negative feedback cannot be removed but eBay does allow you to respond to the feedback for which I wrote "Client changed their mind but failed to observe the return policy."

What can you do? It happens so rarely, I just chalk-it-up to the cost of doing business.

There's always an element of "buyer/seller-beware" risk that's inherent to eBay.
Old 10-07-18, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by orangerunner
I had a customer buy a used DVD from me and after receiving the item he wanted a return because his son already owned it.

My policy stated "no returns" especially for any kind of used media which as we all know can easily be watched and/or duplicated and then returned as "I changed my mind."

I politely explained my policy and he kindly left me a negative feedback stating something like "seller won't take returns, stay away from this seller!!!"

Unfortunately negative feedback cannot be removed but eBay does allow you to respond to the feedback for which I wrote "Client changed their mind but failed to observe the return policy."

What can you do? It happens so rarely, I just chalk-it-up to the cost of doing business.

There's always an element of "buyer/seller-beware" risk that's inherent to eBay.
I've had Ebay ewmove negtive and nuetral feed bck a lot of times. Several times it was when I sold some Region 2 DVD's that were clearly stated several times in the listing they were region 2. Buyer9s) left negatives saying the dvd's were region 2 and wouldnt work in the region 1 players. I've had several leave negatives claiming I never sent them the item even though the tracking swows it was delivered to their address. I've had some threaten to leave negatives if I didn't give them a partial refund on something they purchased and received as described. I had one leave a negative weeks later because I cancelled a tranaction 9at their request). So yes, thwey can definetly be removed but you have to waste time on the phone with Ebay.
Old 10-07-18, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had Ebay ewmove negtive and nuetral feed bck a lot of times. Several times it was when I sold some Region 2 DVD's that were clearly stated several times in the listing they were region 2. Buyer9s) left negatives saying the dvd's were region 2 and wouldnt work in the region 1 players. I've had several leave negatives claiming I never sent them the item even though the tracking swows it was delivered to their address. I've had some threaten to leave negatives if I didn't give them a partial refund on something they purchased and received as described. I had one leave a negative weeks later because I cancelled a tranaction 9at their request). So yes, thwey can definetly be removed but you have to waste time on the phone with Ebay.
I sent eBay for few emails stating my case but they never acknowledged them. I understand that a company, even on the scale of eBay, would not have enough manpower to sort through every petty $10 transaction that goes amiss.

It depends on the context but if someone were to read the details of my negative feedback, I'm sure it would be viewed as a benign complaint by an unreasonable client.
Old 10-08-18, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I sent eBay for few emails stating my case but they never acknowledged them. I understand that a company, even on the scale of eBay, would not have enough manpower to sort through every petty $10 transaction that goes amiss.

It depends on the context but if someone were to read the details of my negative feedback, I'm sure it would be viewed as a benign complaint by an unreasonable client.
You have to call them and talk to a live person. Emailing them will not likely work. I got them all my negatives but one that I called Ebay on removed. The only one they didn't remove was one where a buyer gave me a negative because he said he could have bougth the item cheaper at Walmart. In that case they removed the comment but not the negative.
Old 10-08-18, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You have to call them and talk to a live person. Emailing them will not likely work. I got them all my negatives but one that I called Ebay on removed. The only one they didn't remove was one where a buyer gave me a negative because he said he could have bought the item cheaper at Walmart. In that case they removed the comment but not the negative.
Someone complained because Wal-Mart had a better price and eBay felt that was reasonable grounds for a negative feedback?
Old 10-09-18, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Someone complained because Wal-Mart had a better price and eBay felt that was reasonable grounds for a negative feedback?
Yep, makes no sense. I called expecting them to remove the negative. But instead they just took away the comment because it mentions a competitor, but they still leave the negative mark. I would rather them leave the comment on it because it makes the buyer looks stupid, and since they removed the comment I could not respond to it. Only negative I believe that ever stuck to my feedback. I'll quickly bblock any buyers that do this or cause any other trouble becausee they aren't worth dealing with.
Old 12-05-18, 11:35 PM
Banned

You have to call them and talk to a live person. Emailing them will not likely work. I got them all my negatives but one that I called Ebay on removed. The only one they didn't remove was one where a buyer gave me a negative because he said he could have bougth the item cheaper at Walmart. In that case they removed the comment but not the negative.
If the item is still in stock at retail, you have no business trying to scam people out of extra money. Hitman 2 Collector's Edition released a month ago exclusive to Gamestop in the US and Amazon UK etc sell it. It's been in stock for both Xbox and PS4 the entire month all over the world, but every fucking ebay seller is trying to charge double the price for it. The assholes even try to claim it's "rare" or "sold out" when this is clearly false advertising. I don't see a proper option to report the bastards though.
Old 12-05-18, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Viper187
If the item is still in stock at retail, you have no business trying to scam people out of extra money. Hitman 2 Collector's Edition released a month ago exclusive to Gamestop in the US and Amazon UK etc sell it. It's been in stock for both Xbox and PS4 the entire month all over the world, but every fucking ebay seller is trying to charge double the price for it. The assholes even try to claim it's "rare" or "sold out" when this is clearly false advertising. I don't see a proper option to report the bastards though.
People can charge whatever they want for an item. They can charge more or less than another place. There is no legal requirement that have to sell something for the exact same price as another place. It's not scamming anyone. People can choose to buy from one person over the other wheather it's for a cheaper price or better customer service.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.