Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

800.com gives NO warning before cancelling my order due to CC verification problem :(

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

800.com gives NO warning before cancelling my order due to CC verification problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-00, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took advantage of the BFL 29/79 coupon stacked with the $20 off 800.com coupon this weekend. Today, I got an e-mail saying:

"Unfortunately we had to cancel your order #1821890 as we were unable to verify billing information with your bank. Please contact your bank and make any necessary changes required by them to purchase from 800.COM."

Of course the bank sees no problem with the order, and 800.com doesn't know why the bank had a problem. What's worse, the CSR I spoke with said they won't reactivate the order even if I straighten out matters with my bank, AND they won't even give me credit for the coupon. Finally, the did not even attempt to contact me before cancelling the order. Pretty lousy customer service, IMHO.

I have been VERY pleased with 800.com in the past. Too bad they couldn't see fit to act professionally in this instance.

Old 10-03-00, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is strange i would call back and talk to a supervisor to see if they can work this out for you. I wonder if Steve from 800.com is around maybe he can help you. He is usually posting here now and then . 800.com is usually a very good company. sorry you are having this problem.
edit: try emailing stevea from 800.com he is a great guy http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/005481.html
his email address is [email protected]
i hope this is ok to give out since it is in your profile end edit

[This message has been edited by gcribbs (edited October 03, 2000).]
Old 10-03-00, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
It's unfortunate this had to happen. But keep in mind one thing. The e-mail you got was probably one that was computer generated. I'm sure whenever your type of problem occurs, the computer spits out that e-mail. On normal occasions, I'm sure there would be no problem. It's a little more problematic in this case since a date coupon was used (in addition to the BFL rebate).

Send them an e-mail. In my experience, writing a courteous e-mail goes a lot longer than a phone call.

Best of luck.

btw, what DVD's did you order (they were DVD's, right?)?

------------------
All I want for Christmas ... is a DVD Talk T-Shirt
------------------
Defender of the Other Forum

[This message has been edited by namja (edited October 03, 2000).]
Old 10-03-00, 10:34 PM

This happened to me, recently, also. It turns out I had mis-keyed the expiration date for my credit card and, although it was still a future date, it did not match so they rejected it. A simple call to 800.com and a real nice CSR and it was all fixed...they reinstated the order. Many places will not reject for this mistake, but their software does.
Old 10-04-00, 10:21 AM

This happened to me as well with the Halloween 5 tin.

800 claimed my CC info was invalid when it was perfectly fine. Gave up and ordered H5 from Buy.

------------------
-Jason
My DVDs
My Adult DVDs
Old 10-04-00, 01:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
drh4 -- I forwarded this correspondence to our call center supervisor. I haven't had a chance to talk to her in person about this, but I'll try to find out more.

Steve Armbrust
800.COM
Old 10-05-00, 03:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
drh4 -- One of our customer service representatives will be calling you to talk about the situation with your credit card.

Steve Armbrust
800.COM
Old 10-10-00, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi Steve,

A belated thank you for looking into this! I was so swamped last week I didn't get a chance to e-mail you.

My dad Robert, who has the order in his name, got a message from one of your CSRs on Thursday. He called back Friday, and again today, not having reached her. Hopefully they can resolve it soon.