Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any shipping confirmation on From Dusk 'Till Dawn 2 Disc from Express.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Any shipping confirmation on From Dusk 'Till Dawn 2 Disc from Express.com?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-00, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I've heard the rumours, and have emailed CS there. Has anyone else had recent problems, especially with this title?
Old 10-05-00, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting on mine but I may cancel anyway since I found it isn’t anamorphic.
Old 10-05-00, 09:33 AM

Mine also has not shipped. I emailed them on Monday and just got this reply today:

"Many of our orders from Studios and vendors have recently been arriving late. Its been a slow month for distributors because of the many recent "big" release titles. We are working hard to make sure that this does not persist.

"Thank you for letting us know of your concern and we will try our best to correct it as promptly as possible. As well, please accept this $5 coupon for the delay and as our apologies..."

So you're not waiting alone!

Bleddyn
Old 10-05-00, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Bleddyn Williams:
"Many of our orders from Studios and vendors have recently been arriving late. Its been a slow month for distributors because of the many recent "big" release titles. We are working hard to make sure that this does not persist.<HR>

Or, in the real world: "We can’t pay our bills and suppliers are refusing to give us product until we do"

Old 10-05-00, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still waiting.... the site now states that it is IN STOCK, but I have no idea where I am in their queue.

I don't plan to cancel just yet.
Old 10-05-00, 11:02 AM

I'm still waiting on mine as well, and I pre-ordered it back in June.

------------------
-Jason
My DVDs
My Adult DVDs
Old 10-05-00, 12:30 PM

I preordered this way back as well. Sparrow, I just went to the site and the product information page shows:

Order Now!
We'll ship this to you as soon as it arrives.

I too sent them an email yesterday asking what the story on this title was and if they were going to come through with it or if I should cancel and get it elsewhere.

Have not yet heard a reply, I'll let you know what excuse they give me.
Old 10-05-00, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Marcellus Wallace:
I preordered this way back as well. Sparrow, I just went to the site and the product information page shows:

Order Now!
We'll ship this to you as soon as it arrives.

I too sent them an email yesterday asking what the story on this title was and if they were going to come through with it or if I should cancel and get it elsewhere.

Have not yet heard a reply, I'll let you know what excuse they give me.
<HR>

This happened late last week as well. At one point, their site stated 175 copies in stock, so I called and asked were they planning to have enough to fulfill their orders and they indicated yes.

This week, they indicated in stock without a number associated with this and now out again.

I am assuming that they get a few in at a time, fulfill outstanding orders in what I hope is FIFO order.

I plan to continue to wait for a while on this one.

Hopefully they will honor all of our orders.

Edited to note that I received shipment confirmation today 10/7. Now, let's just hope that it has both discs and not just one as others have reported.

[This message has been edited by Sparrow (edited October 07, 2000).]
Old 10-05-00, 06:14 PM

I hope so too, Sparrow.

I just got an email response from them and here's what they have to say:

Dear Express.Com Customer,

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately we have not received the title in question from our vendors as of yet due to some delivery delays. We expect them in soon.

Please feel free to contact us with any future questions or concerns.

"delivery delays", sure.
Old 10-05-00, 11:33 PM

Mine is showing as "Ready for Shipment" now, which hopefully means it'll be shipping soon.

------------------
-Jason
My DVDs
My Adult DVDs
Old 10-06-00, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Just checked out their site, and it shows that they shipped today. However, I haven't gotten any shipment confirmation from them. This was only my second order from them ever (in my 13 months of buying DVDs) and it will probably be my last.

Also, to continue my rant, I ordered the updated Leon from Amazon after buy.com gave me a runaround. (I used the $5 coup) and still haven't received it.

What the f#$% is going on with e-tailers recently?
Old 10-08-00, 06:25 PM

Wow...So I'm not the only one with problems lately at Express.com. I'm still waiting on my From Dusk Till Dawn DVD and my Fly/Fly2 DVD...I also just yesterday got a shipping notice for Trigun Vol.4 and Cowboy Bebop Vol.5. And I had these things on order for a long time...I don't know what's wrong with them lately...For me it's suprising. I've placed maybe 25-30 orders over the past year or so with them and they have always been an awesome place to deal with. I always got my stuff early or on time and they always had stuff in stock and ready to ship...I hope it's just a one-time screwup...
Old 10-08-00, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Typical, I was gonna cancel it on account of those snakes at Di$ney doing the 16x9 shuffle on us, I forgot to do it yesterday and it shipped!!