Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Online Place to sell DVDs???

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Online Place to sell DVDs???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-00, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few used dvds in good condition that I want to sell back for cash to an online store? I heard about half.com but are there any other online stores you recommend to sell back dvds to?

violet
Old 09-26-00, 08:12 AM

Violet, I usually go to eBay with my DVDs. It takes a bit more work but you will usually make more money. My DVDs regularly sell between average online price and MSRP so I rarely lose money, even on used discs.

You can also try www.sellmydvds.com and www.secondspin.com. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Funk (edited September 26, 2000).]
Old 09-26-00, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
You can now list items at any price at half.com, even above half price. However, they give priority to items priced below half price. This means that if 2 sellers list the same item, one below half, the other above, the one below half price will appear for searches. There will be a link to click to check for above half price copies of it.

However, since the turnover rate for DVD's at Half.com is so great (most titles, except the ones that used to be given away free with players, don't last more than a few hours), there is rarely more than one copy of a given title up for sale. When that happens, the search will lead to the over half price titles.

In my case, I sold an extra Clerks DVD for $25, and it sold within an hour of listing it.

------------------
Hello, my name is Darin R. and I'm a DVDaholic
And a CDaholic
Old 09-26-00, 01:02 PM

What most people don't know is that eBay actually bought Half.com a few months back.

Half.com will net you a fair price (usually about half or even a little bit more). But where they shine is the ease to sell your titles.

Not only do you get a fair price, but Half.com even covers most of the shipping, so you're not out for that.

I agree with one of the others on this message that although you can get a little more on Ebay, Half is the way to go since it makes it easier to sell DVDs.
Old 09-26-00, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well put, half is much easier to do things. Also, you know immediately if you made a sale or not and you do not have to deal directly with the buyer OR have to wait for a payment.

I have been extremely happy selling on half.com
Old 09-26-00, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Half.com has been the best I've used so far.

Haven't had a problem with them yet hey.

------------------
Regards...

John 3:16