Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What happens if you cancel an item part of an order placed using a coupon at buy.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What happens if you cancel an item part of an order placed using a coupon at buy.com?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-00, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used the 30 off 150 in an order that included James Bond set #3, and now that I've got it from best buy, I want to cancel. How will they handle that? Will they charge me for what has already shipped? Will they cancel the entire order? Thanks.

------------------
"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent. Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get." -- Pearl Jam - Soon Forget
Old 09-23-00, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have been wondering about the same thing. I used a 10 off 30 back around Labor day. One title has shipped and I was charged 8.94 on my CC.

The other title was Touch of Evil 10/31 release. Last week I found out it is no longer going to have all the features that Universal said it would have and will not be a CE. On one hand I would like to cancel it to send a message to Universal but on the other hand I dont think I want to do that if buy.com might want 10.00 to 11.00 more for the title that already shipped.

Old 09-23-00, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have tried to delete items on orders with coupons and have found a message telling me that Buy cannot cancel the item--you must call their customer service number.

When you call they tell you the item can be cancelled, but you will lose the coupon.

Old 09-23-00, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, I guess if you already received part of a shippment they probably wouldnt let you cancel or they would want the money back on the other title.

Oh well, I guess I will just get Touch of Evil. I did send Universal an email saying I had cancelled the order (would like to}.
Old 09-23-00, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by dvdirv:
I have tried to delete items on orders with coupons and have found a message telling me that Buy cannot cancel the item--you must call their customer service number.

When you call they tell you the item can be cancelled, but you will lose the coupon.

<HR>

As sort of asked in the post above this, what if part of the order has already shipped? Has anyone tried this?
Old 09-23-00, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I used a 30 off 150 for an order which is still active....so far I received one movie and I cancelled a movie via their website!!!
The cancellation occurred prior to the first movie being shipped......the coupon is still being applied as of today!!! If you are going to cancel.....cancel via their website!!! I know others have had problems with items still being shipped after cancellation but if it is a preorder which is not due out anytime soon, usually they cancel out the item without any problems!!! If you call one of their ignorant customer service people they probably will cancel it out!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/dvd_list.a...46%40aol%2Ecom

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 09-24-00, 01:28 AM

To djones6746, I frequently try to cancel on their website, only to get the message "Cannot cancel this request, call Customer Service."

How do you get around that one?
Old 09-24-00, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by dvdirv:
To djones6746, I frequently try to cancel on their website, only to get the message "Cannot cancel this request, call Customer Service."

How do you get around that one?
<HR>

I have never had that problem....when I submit the cancellation request it takes a couple of days but it always goes through!!!
Of course, I am usually cancelling an item which does not come out until maybe a month down the road!!!!

------------------
www.dvdtracker.com/[email protected]

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 09-24-00, 05:26 AM

My experience is that they apply the coupon with the first items shipped, and that nothing changes retroactively if you cancel on the web site.

However, there is certainly no guarantee that they haven't changed how they do that - since I last canceled part of an order.
Old 09-24-00, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Go into your account, click the order in question... click detailed billing summary... if the refunded your coupon, then you're all good, but it's not nice to do.