Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I went to my first Best Buy today!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I went to my first Best Buy today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-00, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well today was the day that Best Buy opened its doors for the first time on Long Island.
So I headed over to the one in Babylon and started checking the place out.
There were more employees than customers while I was there. Every few minutes one would come over and want to help me so I would tell them I was looking for some obscure dvd title and that would send them off for a while scurrying around looking for it.

I went over to the music dvds looking for the new Sting 5.1 dvd Brand New Day (which has been reviewed by many to be excellent and an impressive 5.1 sounding dvd). It was no where to found on any shelf.
So I went over to the dvd players and saw a tag that said if you buy a dvd player you get the Sting dvd free. Under this shelf was a box with lo and behold Sting dvds. Guess they are trying to hide them from the general public. I picked it up for $19.99.

I also picked up Monty Python's Meaning Of Life dvd for only $7.99
BTW, BestBuy had some of these dvds miss marked. Over under the M section the cost was a whopping $24.99 but over in the Under $10 section the dvd was a more reasonable $9.99 (It rang up at the counter for $7.99...don't know why...didn't ask).

Got Madonna's new cd for $11.99
And Creed's latest for also $11.99

Overall a fun afternoon and here's hoping BestBuy has some good prices on New Releases in the future.

videoking
Old 09-23-00, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes, the traditional Best Buy marked much higher than it rings up for pricing. Just be careful, it occasionally runs the other way too.