DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   TV Purchase at BB Problem. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/630031-tv-purchase-bb-problem.html)

kahuna 12-17-15 06:46 PM

TV Purchase at BB Problem.

Purchased a Sharp LC-50LB370U tv for my Mom online at BB for $299.99 + a 5 year warranty that cost $59.99 on 11/26/15. It was finally delivered on a Fri. 12/04. Set it up the next day & found a thin line running down the center of the tv. Boxed it back up & checked online if there were any in stock locally. Of course they were sold out. It said they would be more in stockon 12/11/15. So the tv been in the box waiting for it to back in stock at our local BB.

So today my SNL & Mom take the tv back to BB today (12/17/15). I called before they did to make sure the tv was back in stock & it was. They come back home & I asked how did everything go. They said fine but they had to pay $20 more because the price of the tv went up & that means so did the cost of the warranty. So we paid $59.99 for a 5 years warranty on the $299.99 the tv cost. But now the price of the tv is $399.99 & the warranty went up to $79.99. So they charged her the difference of $20. I told my SNL that all you were doing was exchanging the tv. Not purchasing a new one at the $399.99 price. I said it was a even exchange for a defective & this had nothing to do with the TV being repaired under warranty. I told them if it were me I would of told them give me a full refund & keep the F**** tv. I am pissed off. I want to take the tv back but my Mom wants it. I told her we can always find another 50" tv at that price.

Why So Blu? 12-17-15 07:59 PM

Re: TV Purchase at BB Problem.

That's why YOU go with them when it comes to stuff like this.

Eddie W 12-17-15 08:33 PM

Wow, BB found a way to make an extended warranty even more of a ripoff. I did not think that was possible.

And why did your mom take your Saturday Night Live with her?

sportsfan64 12-17-15 08:58 PM

BB has an online Customer Service forum and their reps usually respond. It may be worth a shot to post there. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Other-C...bd-p/csother14

kahuna 12-17-15 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12674682)
That's why YOU go with them when it comes to stuff like this.

I offered to go, but my SNL said she would take a care of it. They were afraid I would go psycho on some one. But good news & the problem has been taken care of it. And how was that. Because there was no $20 charge. I received the receipt in my email. I have the BB set up under my email account. When I asked my SNL did you see my mom paying a extra $20 she said no. She said my mom said she did. I receipt I got through email had no $20 hike. All they did was transfer the warranty to the new tv. My Mom has dimentia. But your right I should of insisted on going, psycho or no psycho. Sorry about that folks. Now I feel like a retard.

Just like my SNL told me brought a Samsung 40" Smart tv on tues from Dell. Today it arrives & it's not a smart tv. I told her it's not a smart tv. I said no where on the box it says it is. And I checked the model # online & no where it says it's a smart tv. I said either they sent you the wrong tv or this is what you ordered. She got a good deal plus a $150 Dell gc. So i gave her & my brother a Nexus Google Player & told her now it's a smart tv.

Why So Blu? 12-19-15 01:23 PM

Glad it worked out. What does SNL mean? Same night lay? Sorry, my acronym detector is fried. :lol:

tommyp007 12-19-15 01:46 PM

Son-inlaw I guess.

Why So Blu? 12-19-15 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by tommyp007 (Post 12676134)
Son-inlaw I guess.

No, he said she.

lwhy? 01-03-16 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12676143)
No, he said she.

Sister in law?

Shannon Nutt 01-20-16 01:19 PM

Rule of thumb: never, ever buy the BB warranty. Regardless of how expensive the item you are buying is. It's a ripoff.

That said, go to BB corporate. Don't mess around with the locals, so straight to HQ (you should be able to track down an email online). They should solve your issue and maybe give you a Gift Card to boot for your hassle.