Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Tips For Selling On Amazon?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-15, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put two CDs up for sale on Amazon as an individual seller since they're worth a little more than what places like SecondSpin are offering. I have some more stuff I'd like to put up but I've never done sold on Amazon before, so does anybody have any tips or advice?
Old 11-25-15, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Tips For Selling On Amazon?

Originally Posted by rjh_54
I just put two CDs up for sale on Amazon as an individual seller since they're worth a little more than what places like SecondSpin are offering. I have some more stuff I'd like to put up but I've never done sold on Amazon before, so does anybody have any tips or advice?
It's pretty straight forward but I stopped selling on there, because they wanted a monthly fee to sell.
Old 11-26-15, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
It's pretty straight forward but I stopped selling on there, because they wanted a monthly fee to sell.
Yeah, I don't plan on selling 40+ items a month so I didn't go with the "Professional" $40 option.

I will say I'm pissed that I can't sell DVDs through them unless I choose the "professional" option.
Old 11-26-15, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I've been selling DVDs on Amazon for a couple years and don't pay a monthly fee.
Old 11-26-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by cultshock
I've been selling DVDs on Amazon for a couple years and don't pay a monthly fee.
Do you sell at least 40 a month?
Old 11-26-15, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, but the OP mentioned that he doesn't plan on selling 40 a month either, but says that he still can't sell DVDs unless he chooses the professional option. that's the part I was confused about.
Old 11-27-15, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by cultshock
No, but the OP mentioned that he doesn't plan on selling 40 a month either, but says that he still can't sell DVDs unless he chooses the professional option. that's the part I was confused about.
I believe it's part of their new rule that started earlier last year or the year before. Anybody selling DVDs/ Blu-Rays before the rule was instated is still allowed to do so. It sucks because I have a few DVDs I was looking to sell, but
Old 11-28-15, 09:56 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Old sellers like me, who don't have the professional account, can only sell DVDs that had an original retail price of $14.99 or under. Everything over that is out of limits for small sellers like me. And even if you try to become a pro seller to sell DVDs, you will have to jump through a lot of hoops to be able to sell anything over $14.99 since they ask where you got the DVDs from and invoices for all of them and then they may let you sell. It's become ridiculous to no end.
Old 11-30-15, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold a lot of wrestling DVDs on Amazon back when I was selling and I would get buyers who would tell me they disc was broken inside the case to get there money back. When I would check the tracking numbers the DVDs weren't even delivered yet so I stopped selling on there. Amazon is way to easy to steal from with there return policy for marketplace sellers.
Old 11-30-15, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
I sold a lot of wrestling DVDs on Amazon back when I was selling and I would get buyers who would tell me they disc was broken inside the case to get there money back. When I would check the tracking numbers the DVDs weren't even delivered yet so I stopped selling on there. Amazon is way to easy to steal from with there return policy for marketplace sellers.
I had that happen several times, but the buyers lost their cases because they were caught in lies during the email exchanges. Recently, I had one buyer say that his roommate had done the purchase without his authorization and that he wanted his money back. I told him that I would gladly give him the money back if he returned the item in the same condition I sent it. He replied that his roommate had the item and he was kicked out of the house. I told him that unfortunately I couldn't return the money without the item and if he wanted the money, then he needed to resolve the situation with his roommate and the police. He file a claim on Amazon against me and thanks to the emails, he lost the claim immediately.
Old 11-30-15, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only had one case opened against me on Amazon and it was over a laserdisc that the customer said didn't work but he threw it away so he couldn't return it. I gave him his money back to avoid any problems but he still left me bad feedback.
Old 12-02-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Stay far away...you think eBay doesn't care about small time sellers? Amazon is far worse.
Old 12-05-15, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

I use to sale in the early days on their auction site. Those were the days. Sold a lot of laser discs & dvds on that site.
http://glinden.blogspot.com/2006/04/...-auctions.html
Old 12-05-15, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've only had one person try to scam me, a buyer said he ordered a DVD from me but was sent the "wrong one" and he couldn't return it because he "accidentally threw it away". I responded to Amazon saying that I would happily refund the money if he returned the disc, but of course he couldn't. Luckily Amazon ruled in my favor, I think they refunded him themselves (why??) but didn't deduct it from my earnings.

The only thing I don't like about selling on Amazon is that they hold on to your money for a couple weeks before they put it your bank account. I'm used to the instant gratification of having money show up in my Paypal account as soon as I sell something on ebay.