Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Get a refund if you paid more at Amazon - here’s how

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Get a refund if you paid more at Amazon - here’s how

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-00, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major back-tracking by Amazon

Cnet have this story "Amazon backs away from test-prices" here. Basically it says "Under fire from confused customers, Amazon.com has decided to back away from a price test in its DVD store and give refunds to customers who paid higher prices."So anyone who paid a higher price for Men in Black, MI2 etc should contact them for a refund.

Anybody think this should/could apply to the Sept 7th titles as well?
Old 09-13-00, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good post Jonathan...I think Amazon is feeling the heat!!!!!
Old 09-13-00, 01:03 PM

I AM getting a refund from Amazon. I ordered MIB LE from them (pre-ordered, I should say) used a coupon and a GC, no problem. I've already received it, but today I receive an e-mail from them stating:

----------------------------
Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for your recent purchase from our DVD store.

As you may be aware, we occasionally test various aspects of our web site--design, layout, and other features--for brief periods to determine how they resonate with customers.

Recently, we tested the discounts we offered on selected DVDs, so that different discounts for certain titles appeared to individual customers chosen at random. Because you placed an order for the DVD
"Men in Black Limited Edition" during this period, we wanted to let you know that we will be refunding the difference
between the price you paid and the lowest test price that we offered on that DVD during the test period, in your case, $2.

We also wanted you to know that if we conduct any price tests in the future, all customers who order items affected by these tests will automatically be refunded any price difference at the conclusion of
the test, thereby ensuring that they will pay the lowest available price.

We value your business and appreciate the trust you have placed in us by being a customer. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
Old 09-13-00, 03:30 PM

I've checked a bunch of articles but I can't find a list of movies that were subject to these "price tests".

I ordered a lot of dvd's from amazon between the end of August and the beginning of Sept. and think maybe I was effected. A lot of these were $20.99 discs.

Is there a list of titles included? C-Net says "more than half of the company's top-100 best-selling DVDs" are included in this mess.

Any help?