DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   I'll never pre-order from Walmart again (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/624113-ill-never-pre-order-walmart-again.html)

kd5 12-14-14 05:50 AM

I'll never pre-order from Walmart again

Pre-ordered Guardians of the Galaxy (3D BD+BD+DC) for the price and the payment options. Stores have it, all I get is a "Sorry, our warehouse is out of stock" response to a Walmart inquiry. Assholes should've taken care of their pre-orders first. Fuck pre-ordering anything from Walmart again.

SterlingBen 12-14-14 03:11 PM

Re: I'll never pre-order from Walmart again

Why even preorder at all? Is it a lower price?

kd5 12-14-14 04:46 PM

It was a lower price + I had a "Savings Catcher" balance to apply to it which made it $15 with free shipping.

SterlingBen 12-15-14 02:52 PM

It was lower than $19.99?

PhantomStranger 12-15-14 03:11 PM

Walmart.com really isn't the focus of their company. They keep it around as a marketing tool more than anything else. I've had my own problems with ordering from their website, which is why I avoid it at all costs.

EdTheRipper 12-16-14 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12335119)
Walmart.com really isn't the focus of their company. They keep it around as a marketing tool more than anything else. I've had my own problems with ordering from their website, which is why I avoid it at all costs.

Same. I actually ordered something on the site to pick up in-store. After almost 24 hours of waiting, I called the store to check on the status and was told it hadn't been filled yet. About 4 hours after that, the order got canceled because they said the item wasn't in stock. I knew that wasn't the case, as they'd had it a couple of days before. So, I drove to the store, went to the electronics department, found the item myself and bought it. I e-mailed about the situation, and received a response that it would be sent to the store manager and he would be in touch with me. That was about two weeks ago, and I didn't hear a thing.

kd5 12-18-14 05:49 AM

Well, I got the dreaded email yesterday telling me if they didn't get it back in stock within the next 3 days they were going to cancel my order. Great. Just fucking great. One thing I've confirmed (via my correspondence with them about this order) about Walmart.com is that they don't give a SHIT about their customers.

kd5 12-19-14 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen (Post 12335093)
It was lower than $19.99?

No, but it was lower because I had a Savings Catcher amount to apply to it. Final cost (minus SC) was $15.44 incl. tax.

kd5 12-19-14 11:41 AM

Well, miracle of miracles! They actually got more in stock and they actually shipped mine out. UPS tracking has it out for delivery already. I'll have serious doubts about ever pre-ordering anything again from Walmart, but at least this turned out well (or will when I have it in my hands and it's not all beat to hell).

Strapped4Cash 12-19-14 11:47 AM

I did ship-to-store for BF. It wasn't as bad as a pre-order apparently, but not so great either, with 3 of 4 items delayed and they kept e-mailing me asking me to rate the delayed items. There was also only a short window before they sent back the first item (which had arrived timely) and when the rest arrived, but luckily they did overlap as I really didn't want to go there more than once for a pick-up.

I went in yesterday and the wait was over 45 minutes but less than an hour, with one person ahead of me complaining strongly when his wait went 40 minutes and apparently it wasn't the first time and he was still there when I left. The pick-up line completely stopped for over 10 minutes as they got out the previous wave of customers (including myself, though I was last except for the guy arguing with the asst. manager). I had done 2 orders that were broken into 3 shipments containing 4 DVD's and that mightily confused the workers, as the numerous people kept asking why there were 4 items but only 3 packages. But at the same time one of the two tellers ran out of receipt printing paper and that took 5 minutes to resolve, so I didn't take it personally. Fortunately I had planned for a wait and not expected to be anywhere else.

Strapped4Cash 12-19-14 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by kd5 (Post 12339018)
Well, miracle of miracles! They actually got more in stock and they actually shipped mine out. UPS tracking has it out for delivery already. I'll have serious doubts about ever pre-ordering anything again from Walmart, but at least this turned out well (or will when I have it in my hands and it's not all beat to hell).

Congratulations. I was concerned they were going to cancel 3 of my ship-to-store's, but eventually they all shipped. Two (of four) were a little beat up, but not too bad, hopefully the same or better will turn out for you.

kd5 12-19-14 02:01 PM

It finally arrived.......minus the slipcover, damn it! Part of the reason I bought this "Deluxe" version was because it was the only version that came complete with a slipcover. The regular single-disc BD came with squat, no DC, no slipcover, no nothing but a single disc inside a case (thanks Disney!). While I didn't actually pay extra, per se, for my copy of this, it does cost more than the regular single disc BD and comes complete with 3D BD + BD + DC and a slipcover. Fucking Walmart...:gah:

SterlingBen 12-19-14 08:22 PM

Seriously, how much was it before savings catcher cash back applied?

kd5 12-19-14 08:51 PM

$19.99. Now it's selling for anywhere from $24.99 to $29.99. It was up to $29.99 at Amazon, then went down to $24.99, now it's back to $19.99, no idea for how long. Walmart is currently at $24.96.

dleedlee 12-23-14 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash (Post 12339026)
I did ship-to-store for BF. It wasn't as bad as a pre-order apparently, but not so great either, with 3 of 4 items delayed and they kept e-mailing me asking me to rate the delayed items. There was also only a short window before they sent back the first item (which had arrived timely) and when the rest arrived, but luckily they did overlap as I really didn't want to go there more than once for a pick-up.

I went in yesterday and the wait was over 45 minutes but less than an hour, with one person ahead of me complaining strongly when his wait went 40 minutes and apparently it wasn't the first time and he was still there when I left. The pick-up line completely stopped for over 10 minutes as they got out the previous wave of customers (including myself, though I was last except for the guy arguing with the asst. manager). I had done 2 orders that were broken into 3 shipments containing 4 DVD's and that mightily confused the workers, as the numerous people kept asking why there were 4 items but only 3 packages. But at the same time one of the two tellers ran out of receipt printing paper and that took 5 minutes to resolve, so I didn't take it personally. Fortunately I had planned for a wait and not expected to be anywhere else.

A lot of FedEx locations qualify as ship to store. Very convenient for me as it saves me 20-30 miles roundtrip and not having to actually deal with a WM employee. And FedEx employees are more efficient and seldom busy, except this time of year of course.

BobO'Link 12-23-14 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash (Post 12339026)

I learned last year to *not* do a ship-to-store this time of the year as the stores here process layaway orders at the ship-to-store desk. Once they start processing a layaway they do *nothing* else until it's been retrieved from the storage container in which it's been stored. It can take 30 minutes for them to find the order and bring it in. Totally stupid organization in processing. If that's how they are going to do it they need to have layaway at a separate register.

SterlingBen 12-23-14 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by kd5 (Post 12339745)
$19.99. Now it's selling for anywhere from $24.99 to $29.99. It was up to $29.99 at Amazon, then went down to $24.99, now it's back to $19.99, no idea for how long. Walmart is currently at $24.96.

Why preorder if it is going to be available everywhere for that same price? I can see doing it for 16-17-18.99 but new releases are nearly always $19.99 on release week, especially uber popular titles. There is no point unless you are a super busy business tycoon type that doesn't care about price and just doesn't want to make the trip to a store.

kd5 12-25-14 04:45 PM

Why the fuck do you care why I pre-ordered it? Huh? I ended up getting the damned thing for $15 doing it the way I did it, and it all ended well (another chapter I chose not to relay). I care about my money! And if you must know, I won't be doing it again, it's just not worth the hassle. But how would I have known that if I didn't do it at least once? Now it's been done, I don't plan on doing it again. I swear, every post you've made in this thread has had negative connotations attached. Are you really that miserable of a person? Just go away. Please.

SterlingBen 02-02-15 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by kd5 (Post 12344398)
Why the fuck do you care why I pre-ordered it?

I just down't understand the logic, it obviously seems like it is not worth it.

I ended up getting the damned thing for $15 doing it the way I did it, and it all ended well (another chapter I chose not to relay).
You didn't really get it for that much as you used a gift card.

I care about my money! And if you must know, I won't be doing it again, it's just not worth the hassle. But how would I have known that if I didn't do it at least once?
This is good, but again it seems like a pretty obvious thing.

Now it's been done, I don't plan on doing it again. I swear, every post you've made in this thread has had negative connotations attached.
Yes, negative connotations towards preordering.

Are you really that miserable of a person? Just go away. Please.
No.

Also, welcome to the internet.

Mikael79 02-02-15 09:44 PM

I swear, every post you've made in this thread has had negative connotations attached. Are you really that miserable of a person? Just go away. Please.

Dude was just trying to figure out your logic - relax!

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 02-03-15 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mikael79 (Post 12384290)
relax!

but I don't want to kill the prime minister

DVD Polizei 02-03-15 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen (Post 12343047)
Why preorder if it is going to be available everywhere for that same price? I can see doing it for 16-17-18.99 but new releases are nearly always $19.99 on release week, especially uber popular titles. There is no point unless you are a super busy business tycoon type that doesn't care about price and just doesn't want to make the trip to a store.

Have you ever tried picking up orders at stores? It's a joke. Unless a person has their favorite store within walking distance, and you want to kill two worthless hours after work or over the weekend, as well as getting frustrated beyond normal limits, online ordering and shipped home is the best option.

SterlingBen 02-03-15 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 12384633)
Have you ever tried picking up orders at stores? It's a joke. Unless a person has their favorite store within walking distance, and you want to kill two worthless hours after work or over the weekend, as well as getting frustrated beyond normal limits, online ordering and shipped home is the best option.

Yeah but I typically have to go to stores anyway for food and what not.

arminius 02-11-15 09:05 AM

Why the fuck do you care why I pre-ordered it? Huh? I ended up getting the damned thing for $15 doing it the way I did it, and it all ended well (another chapter I chose not to relay). I care about my money! And if you must know, I won't be doing it again, it's just not worth the hassle. But how would I have known that if I didn't do it at least once? Now it's been done, I don't plan on doing it again. I swear, every post you've made in this thread has had negative connotations attached. Are you really that miserable of a person? Just go away. Please.

:lol:I was wondering the same exact thing. He seemed really perturbed by your actions.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 02-11-15 09:56 AM

Because the person is acting like the price was cheaper than anywhere, when it wasn't, based on using a gift card.

And that makes some people turn green.