DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DVDEmpire preorder questions (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/61916-dvdempire-preorder-questions.html)

mpeg 08-29-00 01:29 PM

I'm making a BIG preorder list, i think dvdempire will be good price and support wise. A cuple questions...1) Does DVDempire charge when you make the order or when each individual dvd ships? 2) Can you addon to a order? 3) Can you cancel a order successfully?

Thats about it if you have any suggestions for a different store for about 15 dvd order with all these options please let me know.

Steven N 08-29-00 01:48 PM

As you may, or may not know, I am an active participant in this forum and am glad that I was here to see your questions.

1) Bill when each ships
2) As far as I know, we are the only one who offers order management features...since we actually warehouse and fulfill our product.

If you run into any problems....drop me a message.

Best Regards,
Steve

------------------
My submissions and/or responses are in no way an effort to promote our business. However, they are offered as a perspective from someone who works in the industry of Home Entertainment.

Funk 08-29-00 02:06 PM

On the spectrum of "order management", with Express.com being an A- and Buy.com being an F+, I'd say that DVDEmpire is an A+. That's from my own personal experience. Never tried adding to an order though.

Update: Just answered my own query, you can add to an order. There's a button at the bottom of an open order which reads "Add Contents of Shipping Cart." To quote Master Ralph Parker: "Wow, that's great!"

[This message has been edited by Funk (edited August 29, 2000).]

TOLEN 08-29-00 02:09 PM

Mpeg,
You get charged when your order ships. You can save on shipping if your order ships all at once. Yes, you can add to your order whenever. And canceling is no big problem either. I have had a few orders from them and I have gotten them right on time.

mpeg 08-29-00 02:25 PM

if i do ship all at once will they actually all ship at once or will they be nice and ship it when each dvd its released?

mpeg 08-29-00 04:25 PM

guess not?

yiinhc 08-29-00 10:08 PM

I have the same question. Do they ship Buy.com's lovely way or Express.com's aweful, aweful way? It's not clear on their site. I wanted to make a huge pre-order and gave DVDEmpire a shot, but couldn't find the info.

------------------
My DVD List

smiler 08-29-00 11:10 PM

Hi Mpeg,

I'm not sure if your aware that the post from steve above was from steve @Dvdempire so why not take him at his word and mail him directly for an answer.

If you have any luck come back and post it for the rest of us.

All the best.....Smiler

Vortech 08-30-00 01:25 PM

Mpeg, yiinhc

If you select "Hold until complete" that's just what they will do. But you can change that at any time. I had a big order with 16 titles releasing over several weeks. I selected "Hold until complete" then when half the DVD's were filled I changed to "Ship as available" With in 12 hours I received e-mail conformation that 8 DVD's (two which are box sets) are on there way. I now left my order "Ship as available" so the remaining eight will ship as they come in.

You save on shipping when you select "Hold until complete". Their USPS price is $1.95 + $0.95 per item on each shipment. And a Box set counts as one item.

[This message has been edited by Vortech (edited August 30, 2000).]

mpeg 08-30-00 01:57 PM

Thanks I made my order yesterday.

Steven N 08-31-00 11:15 AM

Thanks for doing my job guys...sorry, out of the office yesterday and I didn't have my PW with me on the home computer.

Vortech is correct...it is your choice as to how they are shipped. As I may or may not have mentioned, I believe we are the only ones who have the functionality whereby you can make these changes even after the order has been place....up until a certain time.

For those of your who placed new orders with us.....THANKS!

For those of you who continue to buy from us....THANKS!

------------------
My submissions and/or responses are in no way an effort to promote our business. However, they are offered as a perspective from someone who works in the industry of Home Entertainment.

gets 09-01-00 01:31 PM

preordering at dvdempire is great. i usually receive my copies a day before the release date. i used hold until complete to ship the shawshank redemption together with braveheart and sound of music to save on shipping.

[This message has been edited by gets (edited September 01, 2000).]

patrckpiteo 09-01-00 02:27 PM

I'm still waiting on 2 pre-orders from dvdempire:

The Haunting DTS
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein

What's up with that ?